HDFT are seeking to recruit an Locality Manager to be part of the highly innovative and transformational 0-19 Service in Wakefield . We are dedicated to working towards improved public health outcomes for children and families in Wakefield District . The post holder will have experience in managing staff and teams and have experience in influencing transformational change.
The post holder will be responsible for providing clinical leadership, support and management of skill mix teams, ensuring delivery of commissioned activity in line with the care group, Public Health commissioners service specifications, the national Healthy Child Programme and public health outcomes framework. Main duties of the job
The post holder will promote effective team work through the use of excellent communication and facilitation skills, in order that team objectives are understood and achieved, alongside good organisational skills, flexibility to meet the needs of the service and as required, take on a thematic lead determined by the head of service and guided by key Public Health priorities.
To act as a strong role model, leading the development and provision of excellence in clinical practice, supporting and respecting staff to develop and strengthen practice by innovation and leading the implementation of practice and service improvement. Providing highly specialised advice in relation to the care of children and their families.
The post holder will foster and maintain positive relationships across children and families' services, the Care Group structures, other NHS organisations and external partner agencies as required.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
Plan and organise complex activities including participation in community development and capacity building programmes in partnership with the community and voluntary agencies as appropriate.
Comply with HDFT and local Safeguarding Children Partnership policies and procedures, engage as required with safeguarding partners, promoting integrated safeguarding practice
Support the service manager in ensuring user feedback and involvement of children, parents and carers in the development of services and quality assurance.
Promote the needs of children, young people and their families and local communities in the development of community child health services.
Actively participate in the directorates strong clinical governance framework. For more information please see the job description attachedPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse on the appropriate part of the NMC Register
- Educated to masters' level or equivalent experience
- Highly developed specialist knowledge relevant to working with children and families
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse Qualification (HV / SN) or equivalent post graduate qualification
- Experienced HV or SN
- Experience of partnership working
- Sound knowledge and experience of promoting the safeguarding and wellbeing of children
- Up-to-date knowledge of national children's and families policy and strategy
- experience of performance management and managing change
- Evidence of Continued Professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- experience of managing teams in community settings
- Evidence of interagency working
- Evidence of leading developments in community settings
- experience of leading teams in the provision of health services to children and young people
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Various across Wakefield District
To be agreed
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.