A vacancy has now become available within our busy Endoscopy Unit at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth and Gosport War Memorial Hospital.
We are a highly motivated team running four full time Endoscopy suites, and an unsedated nurse-led satellite unit at the Gosport War Memorial. The post holder will be expected to be mobile across both sites.
Our services include an ever increasing number of specialised therapeutic and diagnostic procedures which require a high level of technical capability and a passion for problem solving.Main duties of the job
The main responsibility of this post will be to work with the Senior Sister- Endoscopy unit manager to ensure safe day-to-day clinical delivery to our patients. You will lead the Registered Nurse alongside our Advanced Associates and Endoscopists in delivering high level care to patients in all areas of the unit, this role is highly technical as you will be working with state of the art endoscopic equipment which helps to diagnose, assess and treat patients conditions with the Gastrointestinal tract. This can be a physically and mentally demanding and challenging role but is very rewarding for the right candidate.
Previous endoscopy experience is key to this role as it is a however, leadership training can be given to the successful candidate. If you are motivated, enthusiastic and a confident team worker with good communication skills you will be well suited to work within this large multidisciplinary team.
Working pattern - Monday to Sunday, 08.00 to 22.00 (working pattern may be negotiable to suit successful applicant, and may be subject to change as the service develops).About us
The Trust is committed to driving excellence in care for our patients and communities and was rated good by the Care Quality Commission report published 2020 and became a University Hospital. We are ranked as the third in the country for research embedding education and training across the organisation and we continuously strive to achieve our core values which are at the heart of everything we do. The Trusts main hub is the Queen Alexandra Hospital, starting life as a military hospital over a century ago and now one of the largest hospitals on the south coast and you may have seen us on the TV series Nurses on the Ward. The Trust provides comprehensive secondary care and specialist services to a local population of 675,000 people across South East Hampshire. The Trust employs over 8,000 staff and are #ProudtobePHU our patients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because its the right thing to do, but because it makes our hospital stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for providing outstanding care and support for patients, colleagues and our community you will find a home at PHU. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In the absence of the senior sister, lead and co-ordinate the nursing team, taking responsibility for the management and organisation of the clinical area on a 24 hours basis for 7 days a week.
Through effective leadership ensure the clinical team deliver a safe, effective, responsive, caring and well-led service where compassion is embedded and a positive patient experience is achieved.
Provide professional clinical and managerial leadership to nursing and act as a professional role model.
A highly skilled clinical expert with specialised knowledge in caring for patients and their carers.
To actively be involved in clinical auditing to obtain and maintain JAG accreditation.
Be effective in leading all Endoscopic procedures and administration processes.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current RN +/- RN, registration with NMC and any other relevant post registration qualifications.
- Desirable BSc Degree in relevant field, Masters degree and evidence of working towards).
- Post Reg. qualifications for specialty area.
- Leadership development programme.
- Teaching qualification.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Significant demonstrable experience within specialty with evidence of professional development.
- Leadership development programme.
- experience and accredited NMC before mentorship course.
- Evidence of team leadership and change management with relevant management/leadership course.
- Managing recourses and contributing to departmental budget.
- Evidence of developing policy, guidelines and managing resources.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinically competent.
- Clinical decision making skills.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of Endoscopy Nurse experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective leadership and team building skills.
- Organisational skills and forward planning.
- Able to support development of others.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Critical appraisal skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- IT literate.
- Understanding of the principles and application of effective budgetary management.
- Understanding of the principles and application of effective staff / HR management.
- Understanding of the theory and application of Clinical Governance.
- Demonstrable experience of effective management and supervision of staff and taking charge of ward /unit.
Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS TrustAddress
Queen Alexandra Hospital
Southwick Hill Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.