An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 7 Respiratory Physiologist who is ARTP (or equivalent) qualified or Band 6 Physiologist looking for promotion, with suitable experience in Respiratory Physiology, to assist in the planning and delivery of a specialised Respiratory services to the Trust.
You will be an effective member of the Cardio-Respiratory team providing a high standard of services and excellent patient care. We provide a wide range of Physiologist led services including spirometry, reversibility, FeNo, helium dilution, gas transfer, body plethysmography, six minute walk tests, full cardio pulmonary exercise testing, bronchial challenge testing, hypertonic saline trials, respiratory muscle strength testing.
All physiologists provide a clinical report for each investigation.Main duties of the job
All candidates should be RCCP / AHCS registered. Your main duties will involve delivering high quality diagnostic services for a wide range of respiratory investigations and providing clinical reports for each.
Deputise for the Lead Respiratory Physiologist. Write/update protocol were needed. Be directly involved in teaching staff of various levels. Attend meetings at local, regional and national level. Look to constantly improve services where needed and be directly involved evaluation of new equipment. This is not an exhaustive list.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdfFollow us on Social Media:Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals CareersInstagram - @LUHFTcareersTwitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For a full list of duties, please refer to the attached job description and person specification.
Please feel free to contact the department for more information or if you have any questionsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc(Hon) Clinical Physiology or equivalent
- Registration should be membership of the RCCP and/or AHCS
- Qualifications of ARTP part 1 and 2 or equivalent
- MSc or Higher in relevant subject /equivalent
- Teaching and assessing
- ECDL or equivalent experience
- A broad range of knowledge and experience from working in Clinical Physiology - post qualification
- Experience in performing complex and highly specialist tests in Clinical Physiology services, including respiratory physiology
- Experience of supervising junior and trainee staff
- Basic management experience
- Continuing Evidence of CPD
- Participated in service development and implementation of change
- Participation in staff management
- Knowledge of professional and NHS issues and agendas.
- Knowledge and experience of research and audit methodology
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate in a variety of settings with patients of varying levels of understanding
- Able to present written information in a logical manner
- Basic IT skills in word processing and spreadsheets
- Able to manage own workload, coordinate the work of others and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues in the health care setting
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to collect and interpret data with precision
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Royal Liverpool University Hospital (Royal Site)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.