Ross Community Hospital is a 32 bed inpatient unit ( consisting of 2 wards) which is Nurse and Therapy led. We have developed a culture of continuous improvement and if you are a newly qualified nurse or returning to practice, we can offer you an attractive preceptorship/ orientation programme with ward based training available on a regular basis. If you are an experienced Registered Nurse and would like the opportunity to develop Community Hospital skills, we will work with you to identify individual learning needs as part of your continued development plan.
We currently have full and part time vacancies rotating across a 24 hour/ 7 day week with permanent and fixed term contracts available. If you would like the opportunity to work in an environment where you are nurtured, supported and encouraged to try new ideas, we would love to hear from you.
We can offer you a competitive salary, staff benefits package and excellent career development and training that comes from working for Wye Valley NHS Trust. We also offer an additional payment of �1,000* as a Golden Hello for joining our Trust in certain areas. T& Cs apply* (External candidates only)Main duties of the job
- To facilitate multidisciplinary patient centred care, working with colleagues from therapies, GPs and complex discharge team to ensure a timely and safe discharge.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
- On a regular basis, (dependent on experience) accept the responsibility for the management/ leadership of the ward/ department in the absence of the senior nurse.
- Participate in continuous improvement as an individual and as a team
- To participate in the supervision and teaching of staff and students
- To work alongside the Hospital and ward sister/manager promoting and implementing practice conducive to the development of high quality patient care.
- Ensuring that patients, once their medical and therapy needs have been met, are discharged safely and in a timely manner by working withthe patient themselves, their carers, family, advocate and other agencies.
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT and the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we'd want for our family and friends.
More than 3,500 people work for the Trust - they tell us it's a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential. Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence - are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time...all the time.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesTo view detailed job description and main responsibilities, please view supporting documentation linked to this vacancy. All NHS workers in England who have face to face contact with patients are encouraged to fully vaccinate against COVID 19. Please carefully consider this requirement when applying for this position. Person SpecificationSkills, Knowledge & AbilitiesEssential
- Time Management of self & others
- Problem solving
- Ability to influence at management & team level
- Good knowledge of Government initiatives or equivalent
- Advocate for the profession
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a wide range of people
Education & QualificationsEssential
- Experience of Change Management
- NMC Registered Nurse (part 1-2)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience within relevant clinical area
Wye Valley NHS TrustAddress
Ross Wards Ross Community Hospital
Ross On Wye
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.