Due to movement within the team, we offer this exciting opportunity to join our acute stroke and general medical service at the Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil, as well as providing inpatient cover to slower stream inpatients at Ysbyty Cwm Cynon Hospital in Mountain Ash.Main duties of the job
Our acute stroke service has a well deserved reputation for excellent patient centred care and goal setting as well as a joint up MDT.
You will offer mentoring and clinical supervision to your junior band 5, 4 and band 3 colleagues.
You will also have the opportunity of developing competencies in videofluoroscopy. Our practitioner led clinic runs weekly PCH. You will be expected to work flexibly where required to support the general medical service depending on overall service demands. This flexibility is reciprocal across the acute service on site. You will also have the opportunity to refer to and observe FEES assessments on site.
We are a friendly, supportive and cohesive team and within CTMUHB there are plenty of opportunities for clinical supervision, CPD and development as well as a strong priority placed on staff wellbeing.
You will be offered regular supervision by your Band 7 line manager and will work closely with the Professional Manager for Adult Acute Services.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Mae Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Cwm Taf Morgannwg yn rhan o deulu GIG Cymru. Mae ein Bwrdd Iechyd yn darparu gofal iechyd sylfaenol, eilaidd a chymunedol ynghyd gwasanaethau lles i tua 450,000 o bobl sy'n byw mewn tair sir: Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr, Merthur Tydful a Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Rydyn ni'n byw yn l ein gwerthoedd craidd:
- Rydyn ni'n gwrando, yn dysgu ac yn gwella
- Rydyn ni'n trin pawb pharch
- Rydyn ni i gyd yn gweithio fel un tm
Rydyn ni'n gyflogwr lleol balch mae tua 80% o'n gweithlu o 15,000 yn byw o fewn ein rhanbarth. O ganlyniad, nid enaid y sefydliad yn unig y mae ein staff yn ei gynrychioli, ond y cymunedau amrywiol rydyn ni'n eu gwasanaethu.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Speech & Lang Therapy Degree
- Member of HCPC
- Significant post-grad training in stroke
- Post-grad training in dysphagia
- RCSLT dysphagia accredited training
- post-grad training in VFS
- experience of training, teachinga nd supervising others
- Significant post-grad expereince in adult services
- Expereince in performing complex assessments
- Experience of working with support workers/TIs
Aptitude, Abilities and SkillsEssential
- Expereince of working with aquired neurological disorders
- Experience of running support and therapy groups for patients
- Experience of partnership working with other agencies
- Able to analyse complex assessment information for complex cases, make complex decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, counselling, empathy
- Experience of teaching others
- Skills in analysing and communicating highly complex assessment information
- Knowledge of clinical goverance issues
- Knowledge of specific treatmnet and assessmnet tools
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of National stroke ploicy
- Knowledge of assessments used by MDT
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Princess Charles Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.