Ainslie is a fast paced trauma ward providing care for patients who have fractures alongside multiple co-morbidities and support them and their families pre-operatively with education and advice, facilitating our patients' journey from admission to discharge.
We have many admissions, discharges, short stays, long stays alongside a whole host of variety of patient needs.
Our team is strong and has a wealth of experience throughout with opportunities of career progression also in its abundance.
Should you choose to join our team, you work closely with our multi-disciplinary team to ensure you have constant support for decision making and shared practice. Initially this contract is a 12 month fixed term position (or secondment opportunity subject to the agreement of your line manager) with the possibility of becoming permanent in the future.Main duties of the job
- Providing, managing and coordinating your allocated patients care needs
- Liaising and communicating with your patients NOK, family, Carer
- Supporting, mentoring students
- Administering oral/IV medications
- Admitting, carrying out assessments and discharges
- Wound care
- Communicating efficiently and professionally both verbal and written, updating, involving your surrounding team with changes occurring throughout your shift
- Working as part of the multi-disciplinary team
The team is made up of a Senior Sister, Junior Sister's, Trauma Co-Ordinator's, Band 5 Registered Nurses, Assistant Practitioners and Health Care Assistant's.
We are also proud to have ward based Hotel Services and two Housekeepers. All of who work well together providing the team spirit we enjoy and feel safe with.
As listed within the above list of main duties of job, while incorporating the Trust Values:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Respect and Dignity
- Commitment to Quality of Care
- Improving Lives
- Working Together
- Everyone Counts
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
- NMC Registered (Level 1) Adult Nursing.
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Interest in or experience of specialist surgery: head and neck, Ears nose and throat, vascular, ophthalmology, gynaecology and maxilla facial surgery
- Experience of caring for tracheostomy and laryngectomy patients
- Evidence of meeting revalidation, specialist surgical skills and mandatory training requirements
- Knowledge of clinical governance and how they are key in-patient safety and assessing risk
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAwareness of the NHS plan and current initiatives that affect us particularly in the south west peninsular
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.