Do you want to be part of an energetic and dynamic team?
Then Day Surgery Unit in Hereford (Wye Valley Trust) is the place for you!
We are looking for a full time Junior Sister or Junior Charge Nurse to join our friendly and energetic team. You will be working alongside a variety of Health Care Professionals to enhance patient experience and really make a difference to our patients' surgical journey.
Experience in Anaesthetics and Day Surgery is desirable as is venepuncture/cannulation, electrocardiogram recording and catheterisation however training will be provided if you are successful.
A willingness to learn new skills and work in a variety of acute environments is a must for this role as we support the surgical directorate when required.
Higher education and experience in Pre-Op Assessment, Endoscopy, Theatres, Theatre Recovery and Critical Care are available for the right person.Main duties of the job
- Service Delivery
- Clinical Responsibilities
- Budget Management Responsibilities
- Research and Audit
- Administrative and Clerical
- Personal Development :
- With support implement training programmes to expand the practice of all staff to enhance patient care.
- To demonstrate effectiveness as a role model and clinical supervisor.
- To demonstrate specialists knowledge within sphere of practice and act as a resource for the Trust.
- To demonstrate expertise within sphere of practice.To ensure complaints within the sphere of responsibility are managed in a timely manner. In the absence of the Sister report actions taken to minimise risks.
- To ensure clinical incidents / near misses within the sphere of responsibility are managed in a timely manner. In the absence of the Sister report actions taken to minimise risks.
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT , the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust and Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Worcestershire is our neighbouring county. The post holder will be required to travel between sites.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we'd want for our family and friends.
More than 3,500 people work for the Trust - they tell us it's a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential. Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence - are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time...all the time.Job descriptionJob responsibilities To view role requirements and role responsibilities in full, please view supporting documents linked to this vacancy. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Previous experience within relevant clinical area
- Proven experience and achievements at Band 5 or equivalent
- Experience of teaching within clinical areas
- Experience of implementing change
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver enhanced clinical skills and practice
Skills, Knowledge & AbilitiesEssential
- To provide evidence of involvement of service development
Education & QualificationsEssential
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a wide range of people
- Leadership ability
- Time management of self and others
- Demonstrate an ability to problem solve complex situations
- Evidence of relevant post registration education and training
- A1 award or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant Diploma/Degree or equivalent
Wye Valley NHS TrustAddress
Day Surgery Unit, Wye Valley Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.