An exciting Fixed Term/Secondment opportunity has arisen in our Pulmonary Rehabilitation team for dynamic Band 7 Respiratory Physiotherapists within Kent. We have a new post in the North Kent area.
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation teams provide services across East Kent and Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley. This is a skilled post where you will utilise your specialised clinical knowledge to assess and treat patients with chronic respiratory conditionsin a community setting. Your input into this service will allow patients to improve their functionalability and breathlessness management to make a tangible difference to their quality of life. Working within Pulmonary Rehabilitation provides great job satisfaction when you receive feedback from patients such as:
The people were very friendly and helpful and got me to exercise every day instead of sitting inthis chair. It has changed my life.
As a member of our team we will ensure that you have the opportunity to strengthen and developyour specialised respiratory skills. You will be an integral part of a team including a Clinical LeadPhysiotherapist, Physiotherapists, Therapy Assistant Practitioners a Counsellor and supported by an admin team to deliver a high quality service.
You will play a key part in engagement with integrated accountable care organisations. ThePulmonary Rehabilitation service is currently working with the commissioners in Kent and continuesto deliver the service to serve the local population.Main duties of the job
The service currently provides regular in-service training, clinical supervision, protected CPD time, and input into local clinical interest groups. The service regularly participates in national audits. The trust also encourages staff to develop and provide training opportunities internally and externally as identified during the annual appraisal process. The Trust has also achieved Foundation Trust Status and rated as 'outstanding by CQC. The service is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians, being the first team in the area to achieve this status.
It is essential that you are HCPC registered with proven experience and knowledge in a respiratory specialised field. We welcome applications from band 6 Physiotherapists looking to specialise into chronic respiratory disease management where you will be supported to develop your knowledge and skills. Driving or access to transport is also essential for this post.
There is an option of flexible hours from a minimum of 22.5 hours up to a maximum of 30 hours per week.
The service will offer flexibility in discussion to successful candidates for working hours.Please call or arrange an informal visit to discuss how we can support your next career move.
Additional Working Pattern: 30 hours per weekAbout us
One of the largest community NHS trusts in the UK, KCHFT are rated 'outstanding' by the CQC. We've got a passion for delivering high standards of care to patients and deliver excellent services to improve the health of our communities. To do this we need outstanding people who share our values C
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which leads to better patient care and a happier workforce. So, all our colleagues have equal access to career opportunities.
We've signed up to be a real UK living wage employer. The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate voluntarily paid by 7,000+ UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair wage. Committing to the real UK Living Wage is one way we're delivering our pledge to be the best employer
Flexibility is another way we do this. In the NHS, we're reminded every day how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement without having to sacrifice time for personal interests or family commitments. We'll support you to work flexibly in a way that will suits us both
Looking for professional development? We can support that too! Our career pathways will help you achieve your aspirationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification gives you all the information you need about this role. Please look carefully at the criteria in the person specification and tell us what you have done that shows you meet this.
Still have questions? The recruiting manager would love to hear from you, their contact details can be found in the job advert.
We can get a lot of applications for some roles so to be in with the best chance of being shortlisted please make sure you apply as soon as possible. A vacancy may close early if there is a lot of interest in the job.
If you need an application form in an alternative format please let our recruitment team know so they can help you with this.
All information you supply on your application should, to the best of your knowledge, be true and accurate. Interviews are due to take place on the 9th October.
Find out more about the community difference here.
Good luck! We cant wait to meet you and welcome you to #teamKCHFT, #cometocommunity
Although vaccination against COVID-19 is not mandatory, we are strongly encouraging colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles who have direct or social contact with patients to be fully vaccinated. In this way we will be doing all we can to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and the patients we serve.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- o Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy o Registration with HCPC o Evidence of relevant Postgraduate Continued Professional Development (CPD) in highly specialised field of Respiratory Care and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- o Member of CSP o Member of ACPRC or relevant SIG o First Aid at Work o Evidence of Masters level study o Accredited Clinical Educator (ACE)
- o Previous experience at Band 7 or at senior specialist Band 6 level o Clinical Experience of treating patients with a wide variety of Respiratory conditions o Wide range of spinal experience in ICU, medical and surgical, care of the elderly and neurology o Evidence of providing training, clinical support and supervision to junior members of staff and students o Previous involvement in Audit or Research o Experience of working as part of a Multi DisciplinaryTeam
- o Registered British Lung Foundation (BLF) Professional o Previous experience of leading Pulmonary Rehabilitation Classes o Community Experience o Previous contribution to clinical education of students as named educator
- o Advanced knowledge of respiratory conditions and Pulmonary Rehabilitation o Knowledge of key Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Respiratory and Oxygen Guidelines and Standards o Knowledge of Clinical Governance and Clinical Risk Assessment
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- o Knowledge of current NHS issues and challenges
- o Advanced communication skills o Prioritisation and delegation skills o Highly specialised Respiratory consultation, assessment and treatment skills o Highly advanced clinical reasoning skills/ Problem solving skills o Competent IT Skills o Excellent Presentation Skills o Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills o Delegation and feedback skills o Supervisory or leadership skills o Ability to manage stressful situations o Car driver / access to suitably insured vehicle
- o IT and data analysis skills
- o Commitment to personal & service development o Commitment to delivering a high quality respiratory service o Enthusiastic o Motivated o Responsible o Confident and approachable manner o Flexible o Empathetic o Positive attitude and Team Player
Ability to manageEssential
- o Sense of humour o Constructive o Positive o Optimistic o Personable o Fair and consistent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- o Time o Staff o Resources
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dartford West Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.