The Discharge Team have a vacancy for a passionate , confident and competent nurse or AHP who has an interest in discharge planning.
Holding your own caseload of wards you will assist and support the ward team and the MDT in their discharge planning, leading to high quality discharges.
You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and be involved in finding solutions to complex discharge issues.
If you would like to make a difference to the discharge experience of our patients and the patient flow within the Trust, we would like to hear from you.Main duties of the job
Act as key-worker to co-ordinate individual complex discharges
Act as Trust experts in discharge planning, assisting and supporting the MDT to drive and co-ordinate discharges, ensuring effective, timely intervention from all disciplines
Assist wards and teams with understanding and using the 'Discharge to Assess' model
Complete Health Needs Assessments to facilitate discharge
Complete Fast Track Assessments for palliative patients
Provide education in discharge planning to members of the MDT or other professional groups requiring this teaching
Support transfers to NHS funded community venues/services
Monitor performance associated with discharge, identifying gaps in service provision that may have a detrimental effect on length of stay, delayed transfers of care or patient experience
Work with multi-agency representatives to reduce length of stay, numbers of super-stranded patients and delayed transfers of care, to achieve performance targets related to discharge
**Please see the attached Job Description for further details**About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To review all allocated patients regarding the necessity to stay in hospital against criteria to reside on a daily basis.
- Identify barriers or gaps for delays to treatment or discharge.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of NICE, Map of medicine guidelines specific to the speciality the patient is assigned to.
- Identify delays in diagnostics or treatment.
- Use utilisation management system software package to record patient information, compliance with treatment and any variances to that plan.
- To analyse data and information to produce reports of patient flow
- Make presentations as necessary on relevant topic areas.
- Work closely with Consultants, nurses, AHPs around management plans to consider alternative methods and venues for completing interventions out of hospital where this would be clinically appropriate whilst also minimising length of stay.
- Resolve issues that are preventing patients who do not clinically require to be in an acute hospital bed.
- To work with the ward staff, ward managers and Matrons to support them in their role of discharge planning and reducing length of stay.
- Clinical Professional Qualification. Degree level with appropriate registration
- Demonstrable post-registration experience
- Knowledge /Understanding of Health and social care needs of older people
- Knowledge /Understanding of the Reimbursement Process
- Knowledge /Understanding of Intermediate Care and Continuing Health Care
- Knowledge & Experience of the Discharge Process within Primary and Secondary Care
- Knowledge and understanding of Discharge Planning Process and Pathway
- Understanding of the NSF Older People
- Knowledge of current Agenda's both Nationally and Locally.
- Ability to undertake Specialist Complex Assessment and implement agreed plan of care
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to manage own caseload.
- Ability to manage complexity
- 6 Ability to make difficult decisions
- Ability to prioritise
- Skilled/ Influential negotiator Flexible and adaptable to change / innovation
- Presentation Skills
- T Skills in Email and use of Medway
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to interpret information as decision making tool
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Aintree University Teaching Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.