Our Radiography services are recruiting two MRI Radiographers to join our team on a full time permanent contract to carry out MR examinations within the agreed scope of practice for the role. You will strive to produce images that are of exemplary diagnostic quality.
The ideal candidate will have existing good working knowledge of MRI imaging, have good organisational and interpersonal skills, and have MR Scanning experience. We will consider applicants who have no cross-sectional experience with an interest in developing their career in MRI scanning.
This a full time position however applications from those wishing to work part time will be considered, on the conditions these hours align with service requirements.Main duties of the job
- You will work as part of the MR and wider Radiology team, supporting Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust (TSDFT) in delivering a high quality, safe and patient focussed service.
- Represent the MR and wider Radiology team and TSDFT in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Contribute to safe working practices, ensuring full compliance with all local and national guidance and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in provision of out of hours services.
- The service supports in the region of 14,000 patient visits per year and ha 2 scanners Siemens Aera and Sola.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust is an Integrated Care Organisation where Hospital and Community services are managed as one. This contributes substantially to improving our patients care locally with the intention to have less reliance on acute bed-based care and to provide services closer to patients' homes. Expansion of our Cross-sectional Teams will contribute to this by providing timely access to examinations from all referrers.
The Trust serves a population of 260,000 with a catchment area covering Torbay and South Dartmoor. The population increases by approximately 100,000 in the summer as a result of tourism. Torbay Hospital is ideally situated in the town of Torquay, famed for its sandy beaches and water sports. For those who prefer dry land, Dartmoor is close by and the cities of Exeter and Plymouth are located approximately 18 and 35 miles away.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification. If you are interested and would like to know more please contact MRI Superintendent Radiographer, Simon Smith on 01803 655654.Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- BSc Radiography or DCR
- Current HCPC registration
- MRI scanning experience
- Certificate of competence of iv cannulation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Up to date anaphylaxis training
- Previous experience as an NHS radiographer
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lawes Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.