The post holder provides managerial responsibility for a defined modality within the Imaging service. The individual will provide leadership and operational management for the specialist service, delivering high quality clinical care. They will demonstrate a high level of clinical expertise within the modality providing advice, education and support to staff and other key stakeholders. This role is predominately a managerial role with some clinical commitment.Main duties of the job
The post holder will have accountability for the safe and effective provision of the ultrasound imaging services for UHB at QEHB.
The post holder will provide strategic direction and leadership, operational management, delivering high quality clinical care. This will involve working across professional and organisational boundaries with a wide range of stakeholder groups throughout UHB, including our other sites (Heartlands, Good Hope and Solihull -- HGS) and the wider communities.
They will be a behavioural and professional role model for the provision of compassionate care within the Ultrasound Imaging Services here at QEHB. This role is predominantly a managerial role with some clinical commitment.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- *Education to A-Level standard and / or equivalent
- *DCR(R) or BSc(Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
- *MSc Level Qualification or equivalent experience
- *Post Graduate Qualification in specific specialty
- *HCPC Registration
- *Teaching & Mentoring Qualification
- *Evidence of on-going CPD and reflective practice
- *Evidence of substantial management experience
- *Evidence of undertaking audit
- *Evidence of dissemination of knowledge in wider healthcare organisations
- *Understanding of relevant legislation and radiation regulations
- *Awareness and application of Radiographers' Code of Conduct
- *Wide and in-depth knowledge of the modality
- *Evidence of participating in research
Employer detailsEmployer name
- *Ability to perform in stressful and complex situations
- *Ability to inspire and lead a team
- *Able to communicate openly and honestly with staff
- *Demonstrate initiative
- *Requires the ability to adapt and quickly respond to changes that will impact on the provision of service
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.