Rotational post West Cumberland Hospital and Community Sites within West Cumbria
Are you graduating this year and want to work in Cumbria? Have you already been working and would like to come and live and work in a beautiful part of the UK?
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated and forward thinking physiotherapist? We are seeking physiotherapists to join our team who will support us in providing exceptional clinical care and develop dynamic clinicians who bring innovation to our ever developing service.
The rotational scheme consists of 4 monthly rotations covering a wide range of specialties including (but not exclusive to) - musculoskeletal, acute elderly care, community rehabilitation, medical, critical care and acute stroke. The rotations cross acute, community and outpatient specialties giving widespread experience and opportunities.
As a team we provide on-going opportunities through in-service training programmes clinical supervision management supervision and other in-house training (formal and informal). All staff are expected to actively participate in their own development and that of others. We will encourage and facilitate involvement in service development, including research when opportunities arise.Main duties of the job
You will have excellent communication and organisational skills, and have the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
The rotational scheme consists of 4 monthly rotations covering a wide range of specialties including - musculoskeletal, acute elderly care, community rehabilitation, medical and critical care and acute stroke. The rotations cross acute, community and outpatient specialties giving widespread experience and opportunities.
Clinical Supervision and Continuing Professional Development are actively encouraged and you will be expected to take part in our in-service training program and respiratory on call service.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money wel
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies? The Trust will provide a twelve month preceptorship period for all newly registered healthcare professionals. Healthcare Professionals returning to practice, moving into new roles or changing clinical environments, may access an agreed preceptorship period.
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
email@example.com or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27-day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationOther requirementsEssential
Desirable Skills and ApptitudesEssential
- Able to undertake on-call duties and community rotations
- Ability to travel between sites
- Able to work as a member of a team, using initiative appropriately
- Able to prioritise workload effectively and demonstrate effective time management
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work within limitations and competence and take appropriate action
- Able to work flexibly to provide cover to other teams when needed
- IT skills
- Ability to demonstrate the compassionate values and behaviours needed for dignified care
- Clinical placements in key areas of physiotherapy e.g. respiratory / ITU, elderly rehab, orthopaedics, musculoskeletal out-patients, neurology.
- Work with external organisations or in health related settings.
- Evidence of maintaining continuous professional development
- Sound understanding of theory underpinning physiotherapy practice
- Use of outcome measures
- Research methodology
- CSP code of professional conduct.
- Equality issues.
- Understanding of wider health issues and role of NHS
Desirable Personal CircumstancesEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Degree in physiotherapy or equivalent. (current or pending in 2023)
- HCPC registration.
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Cumberland Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.