An exciting opportunity has arisen within Staffordshire Children's Hospital at the Royal Stoke University Hospital (RSUH) for a Practice Educator in Children's Services to work under the Leadership of the Matron for Paediatrics and the Wider Children's Women's and Diagnostic Division delivering the Education, training and development strategy to meet the need of the paediatrics and Wider Divisional workforce in delivering safe, evidence researched based care.Main duties of the job
The child health directorate has a nursing workforce of approx. 350 registered and nursing assistants, nursing students, Trainee Associate Nurse's, apprentices. This post will support right people, right skills right place, right time. We are looking for a candidate that can demonstrate, specialist children's knowledge and skills, who demonstrates strong clinical leadership and communication skills, is innovative and flexible and committed to evidence based care, has a deep desire and passion to work with our nurses of today, our future nurses and students. To coach, train and develop the team to gather the skills and competencies to deliver safe effective care.If you can work independently and collaboratively with a Senior Nursing team to develop and deliver a training and education strategy, implement and evaluate and have a desire to develop your career with our support within a practice educator position then please contact Matron Emma Kelsall for an informal discussion on 01782 675314.About us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached JD & Personal Spec for a detailed view of the roles and responsibilities. Interview for the post will be undertaken for the position 7 days after the closing date.Person SpecificationEssential QualificationsEssential
- Registered Children's Nurse on NMC Register
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing
- Evidence of Degree level study in Health/Nursing related studies
- Relevant post study in specialities
Knowledge, Skills, Training & ExperienceEssential
- Ongoing personal/professional development
- Willingness to work towards the Practice Educator qualification or equivalent degree level study
- Minimum of 5 years post registration
- Experience to include management and leadership
- Evidence of delivery of education and training/equivalent skill set
- Experience in teaching/mentoring and assessment
- ENB 998 - Mentorship Level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of teaching in a clinical area
- IT/Computer Skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
- Works with patients and people at the fore/operates to a customer service ethos
- Positive mindset in support of organisational change, learning and improvement
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Royal Stoke Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.