We have an amazing opportunity for a dietitian to work with respiratory inpatients and adults living with cystic fibrosis to cover the current post holder's maternity leave.
The post holder will be mainly based mainly at our Royal Stoke site, working within a team of dietitians and will be covering inpatient respiratory wards and working alongside our lead CF dietitian ( for 1.5 days per week)
This post is ideal for a dietitian wishing to further develop their clinical expertise in oral and enteral nutrition support. You will join established multi-disciplinary teams where the dietitian is a valued member. We have good track record of introducing our dietitians to specialities and supporting career aspirationsMain duties of the job
We are a specialist centre for non invasive ventilation and accept patients from across West Midlands for PEG placement under ventilation cover, you will work alongside the other dietitians to provide this service and liaise with dietitians in the patient's own locality to facilitate safe and timely discharge. You will be joining team members in North West Midlands Cystic Fibrosis Centre, based at UHNM, but delivering care to a wider geographical area.
You will develop and take part in staff teaching, patient education events and student training and support the team in audit and service developments. The post holder will support the Trust with meal observations as part of our Care Excellence framework.About us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To deliver inpatient dietetic care to respiratory wards at Royal Stoke University Hospital including non invasive ventilation unit.
To support the Cystic Fibrosis Dietitian in providing dietetic care to thise adults living with Cystic fibrosis.
To support the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics in delivering safe, harm free nutritional care within University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust.
See attached for full job descriptionPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered dietitian (with relevant BSc, postgraduate diploma or masters leading to eligibility for registration with Health Professions Council)
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Significant postgraduate dietetic experience in a wide range of professional practice areas, with a focus on oral and enteral nutrition support
- Demonstrate relevant dietetic work experience within adult setting including medical inpatients
- Demonstrate relevant experience of developing and delivering services related to dietetics and NHS experience
- Experience or interest of Dietetics in Cystic Fibrosis
- Experience with remote clinic platforms for patient care eg One Consult
- Demonstrate integrity and good standards of conduct and behaviour
- Demonstrate empathy, sensitivity and tact with patients and their families.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability and willing to use appropriate transport to deliver off site working
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Royal Stoke University Hospital
Stoke On Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.