You will join a dedicated and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team and have responsibility for the timely, efficient and cost effective front line management of the area you are allocated to. You will be directly responsible to the Band 7 Modality Lead Radiographer of the area you are working in. We encourage enthusiastic and motivated people, who wish to develop their team leadership qualities to apply.The successful candidate will develop to become a strong team Leader within a robust induction and competency based programme, with access to a dedicated 'buddy and mentorship programme'.The department has a full history for development of staff towards Advanced Clinical Practice and has on-going training programmes in Ultrasound & Plain Film Reporting. The department also has Advanced Practitioners in Fluoroscopy-Upper GI reporting and CT Neuro.The interventional department houses 2 main IR suites and 2 barium fluoroscopy rooms. A major Interventional Suite re-design within the main radiology department has been completed this year which provides four theatre specified intervention rooms with full capability for general anaesthesia. A seven bedded area is incorporated in the department for elective/emergency pre & post procedure patient care and day case facilities. Please be advised there is a proposed interview date of 2nd October.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation for fluoroscopy Intervention as well as shift patterns to support the ED department.
As a Trust we combine a number of key roles:
- District general hospital services for Coventry and Rugby, our local population.
- Tertiary centre for Coventry and Warwickshire, providing complex specialist services for the sector and beyond.
- Provider of innovative and leading-edge clinical services to Coventry and Warwickshire.
- The clinical base for The University of Warwick Medical School.
University Hospital of Coventry and Warwick is a large PFI hospital which ensures a guaranteed equipment replacement programme. Consequently all the imaging equipment is replaced with top range systems on a regular basis resulting in a very modern department.Services provided:
- Plain x-ray
- Gastrointestinal studies
- Head & neck
- Interventional radiology (vascular and non-vascular)
- Emergency & Trauma Imaging
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and innovative radiographer to join our multi-professional team, with a reputation for achieving clinical excellence. The successful candidate will participate in a rota throughout the areas including General, Theatre, ED and Fluoroscopy Intervention.About us
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellence designated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award. Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. To perform radiographic tasks and imaging, in line with governmental and departmental protocols, working both alone and within radiology and multidisciplinary teams.
2. To check patient identification and documentation, and ensure the appropriate radiographic examinations are carried out in accordance with departmental protocols and clinical requests, especially implementing departmental safety protocols
3. Operating, static, theatre and mobile equipment, assessing patient's needs adapt and modify imaging techniques according to the patient's condition. Attending to patients' welfare and safety at all times.
4. To evaluate images taken for diagnostic quality, and alert clinicians of any abnormality whenappropriate. For further details of the job role please see attached job description. Person SpecificationQualification/TrainingEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential Desirable Skills and AbilitiesEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
Clifford Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.