Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on people's lives through physical rehabilitation when discharged home from hospital? What about an opportunity to support the Ambulance services and virtual wards via an Urgent Care Response referral, which is a focus of our teams?
Bedfordshire Community Health Services are looking for two full time band 6 Physiotherapists to work within the 7 day service 8am-9pm.Main duties of the job
You need to be responsive, have strong assessment skills with a personalised approach for a wide range of needs/conditions. You will then develop, implement, manage and review the planned recommendations.You will need skills in moving and handling, risk assessing and identifying solutions to reduce risk.
You will work closely alongside all members of the therapy team, as well as the wider multi-disciplinary workforce across Bedfordshire, building close links with professionals and services required to wrap around the needs of each individual to provide a holistic approach.
You will line manage and supervise unqualified staff within the team, supporting them to provide an excellent level of service to the local population. There is also an expectation to support student placements.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Physiotherapists play a key role in shaping and developing the service provided and so there will be opportunities to develop the role and service in a collaborative approach with Social Care colleagues and the acute settings.
We recognise the need for development and career progression, so we offer clinical apprenticeship schemes, internal and external training courses and in service trainings to all staff.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC Registered
- Graduate Degree in Physiotherapy
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Practice Educator trained and willing to support Student placements
- Broad range of physical experiences clinically
- Supervision experience
- Community setting experience
- Detailed understanding of a wide range of medical conditions.
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health conditions that affect physical conditions
- Experience of working within the NHS as a physiotherapist
- Have a full UK drivers license and access to a car
- Adhere to the Physiotherapy Code of Ethics
- Enthusiasm and motivation to work as part of an MDT
- Ability to write concise and clear reports and notes on Systmone
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Evidence of relevant continuing professional development.
- IT Skills (word, e-mail, excel, virtual platforms)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Committed to personal and team development through training as required
- Desire to expand knowledge and skills
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bedfordshire Community Health Services, Grove View Integrated Health & Care Hub
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.