We are currently recruiting for the position of a Senior Information Analyst to join our Informatics team at The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust.
The Informatics team is a part of the Trust's Information Management and Technology (IM& T) Department. The team is responsible for managing the Clinical and Patient Administration System, maintaining the Datawarehouse and providing guidance to the Department of Education (DET) and Human Resources on systems and information management.Main duties of the job
As a Senior Information Analyst, you will play a crucial role in delivering efficient and accurate Informatics services aligned with the Trust's corporate and business objectives.
Your primary responsibility will be to address the Trust's business reporting needs. Drawing upon your previous NHS experience, you will develop reports, design dashboards, and assist end users in analysing and interpreting information disseminated by the Informatics Team.
In addition to your reporting duties, you will actively contribute to project work for system and service deployments, partake in technical aspects such as data migration and reporting, collaborating with colleagues in Clinical Governance, HR, Finance, and other relevant directorates, you will ensure the maintenance of clinical, clustering, operational information, and reporting functions across the Trust.
You will be accountable for specific areas of activity, offering recommendations for improvements as needed in activity monitoring, performance assessment, data quality, and data collection systems.
Your expertise in developing new information reporting solutions and providing guidance on information analysis will be valuable in this role. Proficiency in SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, SSRS, and Power BI is essential, and your strong data analysis and problem-solving skills, along with excellent communication abilities, will contribute to your success in this position.About us
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health trust with a focus on training and education alongside providing a full range of mental health services and psychological therapies for children and their families, young people and adults. With 500 staff across a number of sites, we are committed to improving mental health and emotional wellbeing, believing that high quality mental health services should be available for all who need them.
We bring a distinctive contribution based on the importance we attach to social experience at all stages of people's lives, and our focus on psychological and developmental approaches to the promotion of health and the prevention and treatment of mental health.
For more information, please visit our website: https://tavistockandportman.nhs.uk Remote working:
The Informatics team is currently operating remotely. But team members are required to come on site if required or decided by the management. Interview & technical test:
There will be a 20/30-minute technical test comprising of SQL, Power BI and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) related questions.
Interview will be conducted via MS Teams or Zoom. We will confirm the date and interview link in due time.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work with colleagues in HR, Finance and other relevant directorates to support the development and maintenance of Service Line Reporting throughout the Trust.
- Ensure that all statutory and routine (weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) reporting requirements are met in line with agreed timeframes/deadlines.
- To lead on maintaining a good working knowledge of relevant national targets and frameworks that are used to assess the performance of the Trust including monitoring all ISN to assess impact or action required for the Trust.
- To work with informatics and other relevant Trust colleagues to assess future internal and external Trust reporting requirements, leading on the design and development of new/updated reporting solutions as appropriate.
- Lead on the provision of an Ad-hoc information analysis and reporting service to all service users both internal and external to the Trust and to offer advice/guidance to those users in its use and presentation.
- Lead on Carenotes systems complex configuration to support the clinical information collection, prediction and reporting. Also support System admin with configuration side of Carenotes system.
- Lead on developing reports directly from patient systems, which improve system functionality and reporting requirements.
- To assist in the development/deployment of comprehensive reporting solutions for data held on the Trusts Electronic Patient Record (EPR) system, utilizing applications such as SQL, SQL Reporting Services, XML, OLAP, and other similar solutions.
- To assist The Systems Administrator and other colleagues in developing and maintaining the data download processes from the Trusts EPR system, being specifically responsible for developing housekeeping and validation checks to ensure the download process is accurate and complete.
- Develop regular integrity/validation checks to monitor and contribute to the ongoing improvement of data quality via appropriate training and feedback to relevant staff groups and liaising with Data Quality team.
- Put in place procedures to evaluate effectiveness of reporting solutions and to allow users to give feedback as well as request amendments and/or additions.
- Assist the Information Analyst in developing and maintaining training manuals, User Guides, technical and other related documentation for all reporting solutions/applications and, where appropriate, assist the Informatics Support Officer carry out training.
- To assist the Lead BI Developer and Senior Clinical Information Analyst and other Informatics staff in the evaluation/implementation of NHS Digital solutions as and when appropriate with specific responsibility for reporting solutions.
- To apply recognized project management methodology to all major development projects undertaken, ensuring they are properly managed and that all appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Highlight new areas of technology or its application and related policies that may impact on the work of the Informatics team, testing and adopting where appropriate.
- To be an active member of the Informatics team and to contribute to the overall development of team working.
- Undertake any other similar duties, as required by the Lead BI Developer and Senior Clinical Information Analyst.
- Educated to degree level in a similar subject or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development i.e. attending short course (SQL, SQL Reporting Services, XML, Java Script) and self-study
- NHS Data experience
- Experience in SQL, Data Warehouse and Reporting/BI tools
- Drawing up systems/reporting specification from user requirements
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Project management experience
- Understanding of the NHS business model and reporting processes
- Knowledge of national & local NHS data standards. i.e.MHSDS, NHS Data Manual & Dictionary, ISN'DSCN's etc.
- Good working knowledge of SQL, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services, Power BI, Excel, Access
- ITIL principles and procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical/non-technical users
- Team player
- Excellent problem solving skills
Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation
120 Belsize Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.