Are you a motivated and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for using systems to assist the delivery of services? Do you have experience working with medical staff? If so please get in touch...
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the E-Systems team as a systems implementation officer.
The role will work with a range of professional groups in implementing systems that support the medical digitalisation agenda. The post holder will facilitate transitional management of systems in supporting the successful implementation of systems across all services within the Health Board.
We are looking for someone with a passion in improving the staff and patient experience with enthusiasm to support the efficient use of systems. This role will suit a person with a methodical approach to problem solving, who also has a flexible approach to work and shows creativity in achieving objectives. The post holder will require excellent communication skills who has proven experience in collaborative working.
If you have the skills described and wish to work in a dynamic team, this is the post for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
The post holder will follow project plans to implement Health Board HR systems.
Will provide advice to Managers on the best use of the systems to assist in effective resourcing.
To act as a systems administrator for all HealthRoster modules.
To provide a range of training activities to managers and staff across the Health Board to ensure effective use of systems.
To quality assure the data that is being entered on to the systems.
For more information on working for the Health Board please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKey Tasks and Responsibilities of the Post
- To follow project plans to implement Health Board Workforce systems.
- To provide advice to managers on the best use of systems to assist in effective resourcing.
- To act as a systems administrator for all Allocate modules.
- To provide a range of training activities to managers and staff across the Health Board to ensure effective use of systems.
- To quality assure the data that is being entered on to systems.
- To assist with the planning of the roll out of modules as delegated within the project plan.
- To work closely with matrons on the identification of efficiency issues within the system.
- To undertake analysis of rosters and identify compliance with Health Board policies and roster efficiency.
- To set up a range of workshops with a range of managers and staff in a timely fashion, using persuasion skills and a flexible approach to meet clinical staff time commitments.
- To work closely with matrons and managers to gather data and knowledge of the service requirements for roster production. This includes being mindful of EWTD and the principles of efficient rostering.
- Where necessary, to highlight to ward managers / deputies areas which may need further discussion with staff and/or Staff Side in terms of changing working practices to adhere to more efficient rotas.
- To use data provided by managers to produce 'dummy' rosters during the roll out phase for individual areas, identifying issues and rectifying where necessary to produce a workable rota.
- To input staff data / ward data as required ensuring timely, accurate data is available to users in time for roster production, including all new starters / leavers and changes to staff data and regularly ensuring that the Healthroster and ESR databases have the same data e.g. professional registration details PINs / addresses / postings etc.
- Act as first level support for access and software issues for all users.
- Undertake such duties as may be required to ensure that systems are fully incorporated within the ward/department. Analysis of complex problems that occur with the users / software and rectification of the issue/s, and escalating issues where required e.g. E-Rostering Manager, IT Dept.
- To provide day to day support for the users, and diagnose and remedy any errors or malfunctions of the system, providing feedback to the project manager and where necessary IT.
- To provide advice to Senior Managers / Matrons, Heads of Nursing, Ward / Department / Service Managers and their deputies on unachievable rosters.
- To act as a champion of the software and encourage others to adapt to new ways of working, where appropriate.
- To participate in working groups/task and finish groups as required.
- Undertake pilots for new developments of the software / interfaces as required.
- Input issues in to relevant project logs to ensure project data is kept up to date and an audit trail is created.
- To provide specialist support and advice on policy rules and their interpretation to managers across the Health Board in the operation of the E-Rostering systems. This includes advice on Annual Leave entitlements, rules governing sickness absence, unsocial enhancement entitlements and European Working Time Directive laws governing rosters.
- Act as System Administrator for Allocate. Ensure that all staff information is accurate and is responsible for raising weekly and monthly paid staffs pay files, which occurs on a weekly basis and involves running programs in the system and transferring them electronically to Payroll for payment.
- When required provide a link between Payroll and Managers/Staff to deal with any queries/complaints over pay anomalies downloaded from the E-Rostering system using tact and patience when dealing with barriers to understanding. Many of these queries have short notice reaction times due to their financial nature.
- Responsible for maintaining the rostering system ensuring that it is fit for use and accurate.
- Analyses and provides information to line managers, on an ad hoc basis, regarding all absences including sickness and annual leave by interrogating the E-Rostering System.
- To make adjustments to individual records to ensure that their contractual information is accurately maintained.
- To respond to system issues and make appropriate routine adjustments.
- Report system faults to the service provider.
- To extract data and reports from the system to set deadlines as required. This will require their interpretation and advising on where improvements are needed.
- To follow all Health Board policies at all times.
- Required to comment on departmental protocols.
- Support the E-Rostering Manager in developing Health Board protocols that support effective use of system.
- To assist with the evaluation and assessment of the software's benefits, producing reports where necessary and reporting back to the Health Board and respective project groups.
Person SpecificationSystem ImplementationEssential
- To collect and prepare activity data as required including efficiency indicators on roster production, utilisation of staff and performance of the software.
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of KPI (key performance indicators) reports on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the production of detailed reports for Managers and Finance staff on all staff usage against predefined budgets.
- Responsible for the production of reports relating to Health roster for Directorate Performance Management meetings.
- Previous expereince of implementing e-systems
Educated to Degree level or equivalent experienceEssential
- Previous Significant Experience in HR/Payroll
Previous Expereience using Allocate SystemsEssential
- Educated to Degree LEvel or similar experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant Experinece using Allocate E-Systems
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
Health Board Headquarters
1 Talbot Gateway, Baglan Energy Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.