IAPT Lewisham is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, conscientious and creative psychological wellbeing practitioner with excellent clinical skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for a PWP with post qualification experience, who is keen to continue and develop within the PWP role, to support the senior management team to further develop and expand the low intensity service provision.
IAPT Lewisham is a large, well established service providing psychological care to an inner city borough of rich cultural diversity as well as high social and psychological needs, offering our clients a range of modalities as well as CBT, including IPT and DIT.
We aim to provide patient-centred, responsive and high quality psychological health and wellbeing services with high quality clinical governance to ensure this and support our staff. We are a friendly and welcoming service and pride ourselves on valuing our team members, listening to their views, drawing upon their skills and strengths and supporting their development, through regular CPD events.
Lewisham today is a thriving and cosmopolitan part of London, populated by energetic, creative and diverse communities with attractive residential neighbourhoods, great local schools and many parks and green spaces with excellent transport connections. In addition there are exciting developments taking place in local town centres and neighbourhoods, bringing new housing, schools andleisure facilitiesMain duties of the jobAbout the role:
You will provide case management supervision and facilitating skills groups, community development, facilitating and developing access to GSH interventions and wellbeing to under-represented groups in the local community.About us
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It's important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
Other benefits include:
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease,our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation,our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
There is a significant clinical supervision and management component to this post, providing an opportunity for further development of these skills.
The post-holder will also provide high volume low intensity CBT interventions, face to face, by telephone or online, including cCBT.
The post affords the opportunity for involvement in, and contribution to service development, and for pursuing special interests including community based projects, workshops and groups.
See Job Description for more details.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Qualification from PWP training course e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Low Intensity CBT Interventions.
- IAPT PWP Supervision Training.
- Significant experience working as a PWP in an IAPT service, including developing and facilitating workshops and groups.s
- Experience of staff mentoring, service development and/or training
- Experience of screening and assessing a broad spectrum of mental health issues.
Skills and competenciesEssential
- Previous experience as a senior PWP and/or delivering case management/supervision.
- Expeience working in the local community.
- Significant skills in the provision of the broad range of Low Intensity CBT interventions.
- Demonstrate high levels of organisational ability and demonstrable skills in record keeping and case management
- Demonstrate high standards of written and verbal skills, including telephone skills and computer literacy.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of depression and anxiety and how this may present in primary care.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of IAPT services' outcome measures and their use for commissioning, clinical and audit purposes.
- Knowledge of working with diversity and of working with black and ethnic minority groups.
- Knowledge of medication use in Depression and Anxiety and other common mental health problems,
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout the organisation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Fluent in languages other than English
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.