The Orthotic Department is based at Bowley Close Rehabilitation Centre, a purpose designed building with specialist staffing, equipment and facilities necessary for the assessment and treatment of people with disabilities.
We are seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking and driven Orthotist who wishes to be challenged and to join us in driving the department forward. They must enjoy team-working and a genuine passion for innovation and advancement of the profession is essential.The post-holder will be supported within our department structure by the Clinical Specialists and Lead Orthotist and be offered full training and development opportunities.
Applicants must be HCPC registered and preferably members of BAPO. Informal enquiries are most welcomeMain duties of the jobJob Summary
About usKey Relationships
- To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to provide a high quality clinical orthotic service, incorporating detailed assessment, measurement, fitting and review of patients based on current good practice and evidence based orthotic treatment.
- Coordinate and lead clinics as directed by the Clinical Lead Orthotist and management team.
- Participate in the development of departmental policy, protocols, guidelines and standards for orthotics.
- Provide high level clinical expertise and accountability for the assessment and diagnosis of complex patients including second opinions and advice to junior staff.
- Develop and promote the Orthotic Service in liaison with the Service Manager and Clinical Lead Orthotist. Liaise with consultants, clinicians, therapists, orthotic colleagues and managers as required to provide an efficient and effective orthotic service.
- Support junior staff in their performance and development and participate in student training.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
- Clinical Lead Orthotist
- Senior Managers
- Clinical Specialist Orthotists
- Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine
- Service Managers
- Assistant Service Managers
- Senior and junior Clinicians
- Medical Staff GSTTFT & Kings College Hospital
- Admin Manager Bowley Close & KCH Orthotics
- Clinical Practice
- Supervision and Leadership
- Personal and Professional Duties
- Service Development
- Collaborative and Partnership Working
- Quality and Clinical Governance
Desirable Previous ExperienceEssential
- Orthotist (BSc)
- HCPC Registered
- Formal postgraduate qualification in a relevant area of working, or equivalent experience
- Substantial post graduate training in Orthotics
- Extensive specialist clinical experience
- Extensive involvement in training & teaching
- Proven track record of service development
- Experience of leading a team through change with experience in supervision and clinical education
- Previous experience of formal presentations to multi professional groups
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in clinical audit and research
- Experience of producing and implementing departmental guidelines and protocols
- Experience in all aspects of Orthotics in the NHS at a senior level
- Experience in the provision of high risk treatments
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Substantial evidence of strong clinical knowledge & practical background Substantial evidence of highly specialised skills for clinical practice, based on evidence.
- Broad range of clinical understanding and experience of up to date clinical issues which are evidence based
- Ability to carry out highly advanced range of assessments and procedures in order to make a clinical prognosis, treatment and management plan.
- Knowledge of current NHS trends & policies Substantial understanding of clinical governance and its relevance to Orthotics.
- Knowledge of health & safety, Understanding of importance of good record keeping and activity recording
- Drive and enthusiasm for clinical excellence and clinical development
- Excellent communication skills. Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- Ability to speak confidently and present to both internal and external agencies
- Ability to receive highly sensitive and confidential information by patients and members of staff and to deal with it in an appropriate manner. Trustworthy
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to listen and advise accordingly
- Confident, Friendly Flexible, Positive attitude to change, Enthusiastic , Approachable & Reliable
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bowley Close Rehabilitation Centre
Bowley Close, Farquhar Road, Crystal Palace
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.