The Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust includes major teaching hospitals. A wide range of equipment is used for medical work - diagnosis, monitoring, therapy and technical work - throughout its wards, theatres, and clinical departments.
Medical Engineering and Maintenance Department deliver high quality medical device maintenance repair and management services within Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT).
An opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our Team as Medical Engineer based at Wythenshawe, and providing medical device maintenance support throughout the Trust's Hospital and Community sites. Our department is accredited to the ISO9001:2015 Quality Standard and is responsible for the management of all types of reusable medical device. You will be undertaking planned and on-demand maintenance of medical throughout the Trusts hospitals. Therefore a full UK driving license is desirable.Main duties of the job
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1) To liaise with medical, nursing, laboratory and technical staff regarding the safe use and operation of equipment.2) To receive and respond to requests from medical device users for equipment repair and information.3) To liaise with external manufacturers regarding equipment issues such as ordering of spare parts, service kits, repair problems etc.4) To ensure that reported adverse incidents involving patient and equipment are processed through the correct channels maintaining appropriate confidentiality.5) To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of medical technology and to regularly attend manufacturer and inhouse maintenance training courses.6) To hold a broad knowledge of all clinical disciplines and to participate in user training of medical, nursing and technical staff.7) To carry out planned preventive maintenance and servicing of equipment. To plan and organise, in collaboration with the users, access time in order to complete all work within designated time scales.8) To carry out electrical safety and calibration checks as appropriate in accordance with the relevant codes and in line with manufacturer's instructions.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HND/HNC + Short courses or equiv in Electronic Engineering
- Degree Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Technical or service environment
- Maintenance of equipment procedures
- Experience of using IT system, MS Office or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hospital environment
- Medical device
- Manual handling
- Health & Safety
- Quality systems
- Clean driving licence
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.