Physiotherapy Therapy Service - Stroke and Neurology Team, Permanent, full time (37.5 hours)
An enthusiastic and experienced physiotherapist is required to work at The Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro within the stroke and Neurology team. The successful candidate will offer a service to the acute stroke unit and other wards within the acute hospital seeing adults often presenting with complex rehabilitation needs.Main duties of the jobAcute Stroke.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Senior Physiotherapist to join our friendly, busy Stroke and Neurology Team at the Royal Cornwall Hospital, Treliske, Truro (part of the Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust). This is a permanent post, working 37.5 hours per week.
We are looking for a team member who can provide decisive and effective physiotherapy input.
This post includes flexible 7 day working to cover the weekend rota and evening on call respiratory duties.
We can offer you opportunities to engage in research, training, coaching and career development. We have links to the local higher education institutions, and have also developed local learning opportunities. In particular, we offer an excellent 'AHP Future Leaders Programme'
, which has been praised by Suzanne Rastrick, Chief AHP Officer.
Sustainability is integral to the Trust achieving the NHS Net Zero target. All staff are therefore actively encouraged and supported to implement new ways of working within their field of expertise. About us
Sustainability is integral to the Trust achieving the NHS Net Zero target. All staff are therefore actively encouraged and supported to implement new ways of working within their field of expertise.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide a high standard Physiotherapy service to Stroke and neurology patients at Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust, based primarily on the stroke unit.
To provide specialist assessment, treatment, and goal setting of patients on the stroke and neurology wards. Some patients may have complex and/or chronic presentations. To determine clinical diagnosis and Physiotherapy treatment indicated. To maintain records as an autonomous practitioner.
You will develop highly specialist skills under the guidance of the Senior staff.
To provide clinical cross cover within your team as delegated by your Clinical Team Lead
To attend clinical level discussions / meetings relating to your area of work as delegated by your Clinical Team LeadPerson SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Health Care Professions Council registration
- Member of CSP
- Member of Special Interest Group
- Comprehensive experience in acute hospital setting, including a range of post qualification rotations experience. Must have acute stroke and neurology experience.
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team, a good understanding of their roles and respect for the other professionals within the team.
- Experience of working in a team of people including qualified and unqualified staff.
- Experience of On-call and out of hours working - including managing the risks associated with unsupervised / lone working
- Experience of working with Physiotherapy students either as a clinical educator or supporting a clinical educator.
- Has a keen interest in stroke acute rehabilitation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience working in an NHS setting in the following clinical areas: Stroke and Neurology, Trauma & Orthopaedics, Medical, Respiratory and musculoskeletal. Experience as a Clinical Educator
Royal Cornwall Hospitals TrustAddress
Royal Cornwall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.