Are you an experienced ED nurse looking to further your career within Emergency Care? Due to a Significant investment to support our Nurse In Charge role we have and exciting opportunity to recruit in into our Band 7 positions. You will be a dynamic and highly motivated individual undertaking the role of Senior Sister/Charge Nurse and have flexibility to be able to work within a busy and demanding environment. You will be expected to have sound clinical knowledge and wish to develop and share you leadership skills.
We have a strong Leadership Team to support you into this journey which includes our Departmental Unit Manager, Resus lead and Clinical Educator. We will be providing a bespoke induction tailored to the successful candidates needs .
The department is side by side with a Urgent Treatment Centre and currently Staff rotate regularly to work into here.
We have many exciting projects ongoing within the department and recently have been nominated for a Nursing Times Award. We promote academic development within our Emergency Department and two of our senior nurses have literature published.
This vacancy is open to all internal and external candidates.
Candidates are required to present original certificates for qualifications at interview stage.Main duties of the jobThe successful candidate will-
About usChoose Well - Choose WWL
- Confidently rotate in all areas of the ED.
- Have experience of dealing with acute emergency and minor injuries/illnesses, with a proven professional background at an advanced level within ED nursing or a Minor Injuries Unit.
- Be able to lead and develop a team, promoting excellence in Emergency Care, whilst supporting other team managers in all aspects of department management.
- Have excellent communication skills and a flexibility to meet the needs of the service are required, as you will be involved in developing and implementing initiatives to improve the patient experience.
- Will be committed to providing high quality care to a range of patients with differing needs and be willing to embrace new role opportunities and expand your role as the service develops.
- Have a proactive approach to ED nursing.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be ALS qualified and Level 2 Trauma trained ( Training can be provided).
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that 'happy staff, makes for happy patients'. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values 'the WWL Way'.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note that senior positions (AFC band 8A or above) may be expected to participate in an on-call rota, if the role is predominantly operational.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Responsible for the daily management and organisation of the unit in leading and ensuring a quality nursing service is provided for patients attending the Emergency Care Centre.
Ensure the efficient use of resources by implementing, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of care provision using evidence based practice.
Provide clinical and managerial expertise and act as a resource for all disciplines of staff and service users.
To act as a role model in providing leadership and support to staff in conjunction with the Deputy Divisional Director of Nursing and Matron to implement the recommendations of the nursing strategy.Person SpecificationAdditionalEssential
- Internal rotation
- Speak English to an appropriate standard relevant to their role, i.e. with confidence and accuracy, using correct sentence structures and vocabulary, and without hesitation
- Evidence of up to date Emergency Nursing issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership/organisational skills
- Sound clinical skills
- Managing Staff on a regular basis
- Experience at senior level within Emergency Care / relevant acute setting
- Experience of teaching/assessing/supervising others in a clinical setting
- Evidence of change management in clinical practice
- Involvement in audit / research
- ALS/TNCC qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working with Electronic Patient Record
- Evidence of continued professional Development
- Management /Leadership qualification or equivalent experience
- Diploma/ Degree qualification on health care subject
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In possession of or working towards Accredited Teaching / assessing certificate
Wrightington Wigan & Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.