Do you consider yourself an Expert by Experience, have past, current lived experience of accessing mental health services either as a service user or as a carer/advocate & hold a desire to lead and innovate?
My name is Joanna Burton, Quality Lead for Primary and Community Mental Health (PCMH) which is an exciting and innovative partnership between SHSC NHS Foundation Trust, Primary Care Sheffield & Mind.
Would you like to consider joining us in a key senior role by applying for this brand-new post, working across PCMH and with our VCSE and Synergy partners to support the delivery of our place-based community mental health service, helping us to offer the right intervention at the right time and in the right place? We are looking for a compassionate, kind and values-based person with a strong commitment to improvement & who is committed to genuine co-production, to help us to continue to deliver safe and effective care that is responsive to people's feedback.
You will be offered support & supervision, opportunities for professional development & the space to lead the design & creation of this exciting new post.
This post is a part-time (0.5 WTE) post and offered at 18.75hrs per week. The working pattern will be agreed at appointment, so that it meets the needs of the successful applicant and the service.
If you are unsure of any potential financial impact of working part-time you may wish to check out the following link: www.gov.uk/benefits-calculatorMain duties of the job
You will be a key member of our leadership team and essential to delivering a high-quality and responsive service that meets the needs of the communities we work within.
You will work closely with the Quality Lead and in partnership with Synergy and the Expert by Experience Service Improvement Forum, in order to identify and monitor our priorities for service improvement and design.
In addition, you will play a key role in identifying educational requirements and assisting with the delivering of these programmes.
Together with the Quality Lead, you will lead and support the delivery of an effective, high quality patient experience and involvement programme across PCMHS in line with the NHS Long Term Plan and the Sheffield Transformation Programme, in order to deliver excellent experience for people who use our services. This includes acting as an expert for queries and information on all matters relating to patient experience and involvement. This will require working in partnership to design, coordinate, deliver and participate in internal and external meetings, conferences and workshops.
You will be offered supervision, support and training to meet the objectives of the role and to enable your personal and professional development.About us
Sheffield is a national trailblazer site. We're transforming mental health provision across Sheffield by providing personalised, trauma-informed care at a Primary Care Network level. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-WxYcSBo8).
We are a partnership between Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS FT, Primary Care Sheffield and Sheffield Mind.
Everyone who works within Sheffield Primary and Community Mental Health (PCMH) is passionate about delivering services and care of a high standard and quality. The people who use our service, their carers and our communities are at the centre of everything we do.
We know that the people who use mental health services are the true experts on how those services should be delivered and developed. By listening and acting upon people's views and experiences we can improve our services for everyone who uses them. As a new service we are constantly evolving and are continually looking for ways to make our service the best it can be, for both the people who use it and the staff that deliver it.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWorking in collaboration
Working together to deliver a quality and responsive service
- To work closely with the Quality Lead, clinical leadership team and Head of Service within PCMHS on all matters pertaining to patient experience.
- To monitor feedback and to identify trends where appropriate and ensure these are shared within the relevant forums.
- To engage with our partners including Synergy and the Expert by Experience Service Improvement Forum together with local community partners, particularly in relation to health inequalities and in support of people with protected characteristics, to understand their needs, seek feedback and identify opportunities for partnership working and co-production.
- Identify and promote service improvements within PCMHS and feedback through established clinical governance systems.
- Lead on the capture of patient stories and the sharing of these across PCMHS and our partnership organisations.
- To work closely with the Quality Lead, clinical leadership team and Head of Service within PCMHS in order to oversee the delivering of the priorities listed within the Patient Experience strategy.
- Identify training needs for Experts by Experience and PCMHS colleagues and co-design and deliver training and workshops to the people who deliver services, in order that our knowledge and skills base is kept updated and in line with local and national requirements.
Working to support effective feedback systems
- To support transformational projects within PCMHS involving patients, families and carers to achieve improved clinical outcomes and efficiencies.
- To support individual services in the development and delivery of service user and carer engagement and feedback.
- To lead on identified training and sharing learning relating to patient experience.
- To support the delivery of a specialist service that retains its focus upon accessibility and that includes people who find it difficult to access services or to ensure their voice is heard.
- To be an advocate on behalf of service users/carers to maximise their involvement in service user and carer participation work within PCMHS and as part of local and national forums.
- Lead on developing and sustaining models of participation, in partnership with local VCSE services to enable service users, their families and carers to be involved in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of all services offered by PCMHS.
- To support PCMHS to increase and manage engagement opportunities, through innovation work, staff recruitment, forums, project work, business development, stakeholder engagement, communication via media and the development of resources.
- To maintain oversight and evidence of the participation work across PCMHS and ensure this is embedded into all current and future service developments.
- To lead the development and implementation of feedback mechanisms supporting people to give feedback regarding current services and proposed service changes using different communication and involvement technologies.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems are in place to record and report upon accurate activity data relevant to the development and evaluation of the service.
- To work with services to enable the use of a range of a flexible approach to collection of patient experience including face to face forums, surveys ( to include friends and family) and individual stories and the utilisation of information technology to maximise their effectiveness in relation to service user experience data gathering and reporting.
- Working collaboratively with the Quality Lead and Head of Service to review national patient experience survey data and provide feedback and analysis in order to help guide the further development of the service.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and in discussion with the manager the postholder may be required to undertake other duties which fall within the Banding of the post. The job description will be reviewed regularly in the light of changing service requirements and any such changes will be discussed with the post holder.
- Working collaboratively with the Quality Lead and Head of Service to undertake analysis of Expert by Experience feedback and service user group information to identify trends and variances and take actions as necessary.
- Working collaboratively with the Quality Lead and Head of Service to monitor and develop service user engagement in terms of participation groups, satisfaction surveys, service user resources, reporting and managing opportunities and evaluations for services against contracts/service level agreements, national and internal targets, and exception reporting.
The post holder should be comfortable in the use of computer technology, have basic keyboard skills and have the ability to use email.Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationsEssential
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and to prioritise own work streams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent leader and thinker with demonstrated good judgement, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide leadership support and guidance to a wide range of people including service users and carers
- Ability to Co-design outcome measures that capture service user experience and carer experience.
- Lead and manage the delivery of benefits and track realisation of the coproduced interventions
- Provide leadership and participation in relevant internal and external working groups and giving advice and sharing expertise/ support on matters relate to coproduction with those who have lived experience.
- Ability to make decisions on difficult and contentious issues where they may be a number of courses of action.
- Ability to Forge close working relationships across SHSC and across the ACP to facilitate effective coproduced outcomes.
- Previous skills and knowledge of managing other staff
- Experience of leading the Co design of project work including its conception, development and delivery
- Experience of leading and implementing strategy within health care settings
- Experience of managing projects including developing and managing progress against plans
- Experience of Building relationships with multidisciplinary colleagues to deliver on shared project objectives
- Experience of co-designing projects with multiple stakeholders including NHS colleagues, VCSE, Commissioners, service users, carers and their families
- Personal experience of using mental health services
- Experience of supervising and guiding the work of other staff
- Experience of leading meetings and setting agenda's
- Strategic partnership experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to organise own workload without supervision working to tight and often changing timescales
- Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships.
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change.
- Working under pressure with tight deadlines
Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
c/o Primary Care Sheffield
Prince of Wales Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.