We will be at the Nursing Times Careers Live
in Brighton Saturday 16 September 2023
at the Hilton Brighton Metropole
The job fair is a one day free to attend event, where you can network with colleagues & meet potential employers from a range of NHS and independent care settings.
If you would like to be interviewed by Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust on the day, please submit an application form stating the nursing role you would like to be considered for and location - we will then be in contact to arrange a time to meet you at the event.
We arethe main provider of Community NHS health andcare across Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, High Weald Lewes and Havensand West Sussex.
Our expert teams provide essential medical, nursing and therapeutic care to adults, children and families.
Our aim across all of our services is to give people choice about the care they receive and provide certainty that when they need us, wherever they are, we will meet their needs with services of a high quality that are safe, effective and compassionate, and that are offered with respect.
We provide a range ofdifferent services throughouta wide area of Sussex both out in the community and in dedicated clinical areas. In total we have nearly 6,000 members of staff workingacross Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, HighWealdLewes and Havensand West Sussex.Main duties of the job
Some of what we do includes the following:
- Community RehabilitationSupporting people with complex health needs and long-term conditions or people needing end of life care.
- Community Rapid ResponseAssessing and caring for patients with urgent care needs, helping to keep them out of hospital.
- Intermediate Care - Short Term Recovery and RehabilitationKeeping patients out of hospital where we can, or helping them to leave hospital when this is the right thing for them.
- Integrated DischargeWorking with patients, carers and hospital staff, to help a patient return home from a hospital stay as soon as possible.
- Health PromotionSupporting people to improve health andwell-being.
- Children and FamiliesCoordinating flexible services for children and families through our health visitors and our child development centres.
Why work for us?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We have opportunities for everyone across our wide variety of services working in supportive team environments, including medical, clinical, support and corporate services
- Positive 2022 NHS Staff Survey results with compassionate culture and leadership, and support for staff wellbeing, scoring highly.
- A variety of working environments across the community, in patients' homes, within our community hospitals and bases across the county.
- Supportive flexible working patterns such as: part time, flexi time, annualised hours, and flexi retirement options.
- Excellent training and development opportunities tailored to individuals.
- Research opportunities
- Cost-effective and convenient workplace nurseries in Crawley, Hove and Brighton
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- We are proud to be a Level 3 accredited Disability Confident Leader, committed to creating inclusive workplaces.
- We are proud to be a Veteran Aware Trust, achieving accreditation from Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance (VCHA)
- Located in stunning Sussex, with easy access to the South Downs and the coast.
- Access to a wide range of benefits and discounts for NHS staff.
Please see attached job description and person specifications for example of different nursing roles availablePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
Sussex Community NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brighton General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
150-NTCL-Adults Band 5-7