Are you an Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) with significant experience working in acute medicine with excellent clinical leadership skills?
If so we are looking for highly motivated, knowledgeable and enthusiastic individuals to join our expanding team of ACPs working at our QHB site, providing exceptional care to our patients.
The successful candidate can expect to work within the Emergency department which sits within the acute medicine business unit.
All posts have an expectation of some cross site working. Consideration will be given to exceptional candidates currently in training or wishing to access ACP training.
This is an exciting time to become part of ACP Team within the Burton Acute Medicine Business Unit.
The Emergency department have recently developed new ways of working to streamline and improve the care that our patients receive, and this would be your opportunity to help shape this and be part of these improved ways of working.Main duties of the job
Closing date of applications: 26 September 2023 Interview date: 10 October 2023About us
- Work independently at an advanced clinical level in the direct delivery of high quality care making critical clinical decisions based on advanced clinical skills assessment.
- Provide clinical leadership and support within both the medical and nursing teams and to support the Senior ACP Leadership Team in developing the UHDB ACP service to improve the patient experience.
- Support Consultants with day-to-day clinical activity, working predominantly in the emergency department but flexibly across the business unit as required.
- Support junior medical staff, sharing clinical workload and allowing junior Drs to achieve training and development requirements.
- Provide in-patient areas with consistent high quality clinical care.
- Support Trust Management teams with on-going clinical care provision and assist with effective patient flow through the Trust.
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters level education
- Demonstrable post registration experience
- English and Maths at GCSE C or equivalent
- Minimum of 40 level 6 credits
- Evidence of post graduate study
Knowledge, skills & qualificationsEssential
- Masters degree in Advanced clinical practice
- Evidence of leading in any of the 4 pillars in current role
- Focus upon the patient in the supporting statement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced Practice
- Substantial broad experience relevant to area of practice
- Demonstrates evidence of leading with healthcare setting
- Clinical diagnostic skills including the ability to interpret clinical investigations
- Evidence of clinical teaching/ supervision in the practice setting
- Evidence of participation in research/ QI or audit
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queens Hospital Burton
Burton Upon Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.