Are you a Registered Childrens Nurse looking to support children with both Surgical and Medical conditions here at Musgrove Park Hospital?
Are you interested in the prospect of progression and the opportunity to work in all areas of our childrens unit including our Paediatric Assessment Unit and HDU , depending on your experience.
Does the option of a rotation between Paediatrics and our Emergency Department spark your interest?
The Paediatric Department at Musgrove Park Hospital are looking for enthusiastic and caring Registered Children's Nurses to join our team.
We are a 29 bedded unit looking after children from age 0-18 years with a variety of both medical and surgical conditions including oncology, diabetes, respiratory, mental health and spinal surgery. We also have a Paediatric Assessment Unit and a 2 bedded High Dependency Unit.
We are a compassionate and friendly team and can provide a supportive environment whilst you broaden your knowledge and skills in general Paediatric care. We also offer an effective preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses.
There are many different opportunities for your career to flourish within this department, and we want to make it happen for you.
Get in contact today!Main duties of the job
- To provide effective care on a daily basis for babies, Children & Young People (CYP) 0-18 years of age with a wide variety of acute & chronic physical and mental health problems including 'End of Life' care.
- Experienced Band 5 post holders will also provide effective clinical and managerial leadership of a team in the absence of more senior colleagues, which empowers staff to deliver patient-centred, evidenced based nursing care.
- Establish use of systems that are in place on the Unit for a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care delivery which builds on the philosophy of greater involvement of patients and their parents/carer's and families by using the Trust's patient and public involvement strategy.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential KnowledgeEssential
- Willingness to undertake training and develop competencies in the specialist skills of the Unit
- Speciality course or competencies in clinical skills : Oncology, High Dependency Orthopaedic
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of supervisory and mentoring skills
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Musgrove Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.