I am delighted to be bringing this opportunity foran experienced midwife to join us at Buckinghamshire Healthcare as The Head of Midwifery / Lead for Outpatient Gynaecology Nursing.
This role is integral to the maternity services at Buckinghamshire Healthcare. The post holder will be responsible for the operational, professional, and managerial leadership of the midwifery services with direct line management responsibility for the midwifery senior team. Working closely with the Divisional Triumvirate and Chief Nurse office as well as external partners including the ICB and Local Maternity and Neonatal System.
The Head of Midwifery / Lead for Outpatient Gynaecology will provide strong, inspirational, operational, and strategic leadership and will act as an expert on midwifery and maternity issues both internally and externally, working alongside the Director of Midwifery to ensure that a culture of proactive professionalism and quality improvement is embedded and promoted.
The post holder will play a significant role in developing and implementing the Trust's Nursing and Midwifery Strategy. This will be in accordance with service user needs, national and local priorities and professional codes of practice.
For further information please contact either:
Main duties of the job
- Heidi Beddall (Director of Midwifery) 07717 480 394 or Julie Everett (PA) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Mellett (Interim Divisional Director) 07867 442 059 or Nicola Braybrook (PA) email@example.com
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
- Develop and lead a strong and effective Midwifery and Gynaecology outpatient management and leadership team within the Division.
- Provide visible and up-to-date professional leadership to midwives, nurses and other professionals within Maternity and Gynaecology outpatient services.
- Develop new and innovative models of midwifery practice, aligned to Divisional, system and national strategy and guidance for Midwifery and Gynaecology care and services.
- Ensure that midwives/nursing staff are suitably qualified and maintain professional registration in order to deliver safe care.
- Ensure safe standards of midwifery and nursing care of the highest quality are delivered so that the Division's clinical governance objectives are fully met.
- Lead the development of strong and effective management and clinical teams within all areas of responsibility.
- Create an environment in which Midwifery and Outpatient gynaecology nursing staff feel properly valued and are supported to practise.
- Ensure that clinical governance is given the highest profile within the sphere of responsibility.
- Be a practising midwife and establish and maintain own clinical practice pattern as Head of Midwifery & Gynae Outpatient Lead.
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For complete and comprehensive Job Description and Personal Specification please see attached documents.Person SpecificationValuesEssential
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Communicates openly, honestly and professionally, and actively promotes team working and building strong working relationships
- Patients are always first. Drives service improvements. Strong self-awareness with a desire to grow.
- Treats all with compassion and kindness. Ensures everyone feels valued
- Consults others and listens to their views/opinions. Enables others to take the initiative
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Relevant Degree or equivalent
- Masters degree or working towards
- MSPP or equivalent teaching and assessing qualification
- Formal management qualification or equivalent level of skill acquired through experience.
- Effective team building qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Critical analysis and imaginative problem solving.
- Proven financial and workforce planning skills
- Proven abilities in developing midwifery recruitment and retention strategies.
- Ability to use IT systems eg Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint.
- The ability to inspire confidence at all levels in the organisation.
- Team player / commitment to interdisciplinary working.
- Ability to travel to other sites as required
- Ability to participate in 24 hour on call management rota
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Minimum of three years of midwifery management at band 8.
- Awareness of national political and professional agenda in midwifery and NHS management.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of management, and handling of data and information.
- In depth understanding and experience of clinical governance and quality management.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
High Wycombe/ Stoke mandeville
High Wycombe/ Aylesbury
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.