Band 5 Recovery worker - Criminal Justice
Path to Recovery, Drug and Alcohol Services provides community based drug and alcohol services to Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire
The purpose of the job is to reduce drug and alcohol related harms to individuals, families and communities, and empower service users to achieve a better quality of life and wellbeing and fulfill their personal ambitions for recovery.Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
- put service users at the centre of everything they do, and consistently deliver a high quality service that promotes and supports recovery in line with Trust vision and processes
- work to values that include self-determination, empowerment and choice for service users
- work in partnership with service users and empower them to draw on their individual strengths and assets, and set goals they would like to achieve in all aspects of their lives.
- deliver personalised and evidence based interventions in one-to-one and group settings, and will optimise their interventions to achieve the best possible outcomes
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be required to apply for Prison clearance and vetting for HMP Bedford and Kempston custody suite vetting.
For a more detailed job description and person specification please see attached JD & PS.
For contact information please see below.Person SpecificationEducation, Training & QualificationsEssential
- English and Maths at minimum GCSE or higher
- Information and Communication Technology literacy
- Previous experience of working with Substance misusing clients.
- Minimum NVQ level 4.
- Fluent Polish speaker
- Professional Qualification e.g. Nursing, Social Work or Counselling.
- Substance Misuse Training.
- Training in Motivational Interviewing or other psychosocial interventions.
- Experience of working in Health or Social Care as a key worker.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of providingevidencebased interventions
- Experience of Recovery Focused interventions
- Experience of managing a full caseload.
Skills & Abilities, and ValuesEssential
- Experience of working with drug and alcohol users.
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Ability to apply recovery values and principles in day to day work.
- Ability to empower service users to draw from their strengths and assets, and identify solutions.
- Skills in assessing needs and setting goals.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work effectively with service users, colleagues and other agencies.
- Have a positive attitude to learning and personal development.
- Ability to respond flexibly to the demands of the service.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of addiction theories and evidence based interventions in substance misuse.
- Understanding and commitment to the values and principles of Recovery
- Understanding of statutory responsibilitiese.g. Safeguarding Children
- Understanding and commitment to delivering Key Performance Indicators.
- Understanding and commitment to delivering quality care in line with national monitoring eg CQC
- Understanding and commitment to Equality and Diversity.
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Central and Bedford Borough
21 The Crescent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.