Senior Information Analyst AfC Band 7 (�40,057 - �45,839 + High Cost Area Supplement
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated analyst to join our Site Business Intelligence Unit (SBIU) at The Royal London Hospital.
This role will be responsible for providing executive, site and divisional level analytical support, bringing together consolidated views that highlight the key areas the management team need to focus on.Main duties of the job
The post holder will contribute to the development of reporting and analytical tools, designed to ensure the Trust's activity, capacity planning, and transformational change agenda is effectively supported. This will involve working on a wide array of subjects, liaising with managers and clinicians to improve services and make data meaningful.
You are required to be highly comfortable working with complex datasets, writing SQL queries, and providing easy-to-follow analysis for stakeholders of different backgrounds.
Your pod will be structured in the following way
1. Site Informatics Business Partner
2. Principal Information Analyst
3. Senior Information AnalystAbout us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWe are dedicated to being an outstanding place to work and will work with you to get the best experience. We know flexible working is not a one size fits all and will mean something different to everyone. We are inclusive, so if you are interested in flexible working, please speak to the recruiting manager.
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- A minimum of three years' experience working within Healthcare Informatics environment.
- Experience of NHS acute Trust computer/information systems (Data warehouse, PAS).
- Experience of activity modelling, waiting list profiling and capacity planning.
- Detailed knowledge of the NHS data dictionary and its application.
- Ability to write detailed analytic queries in SQL, investigate and resolve complex queries, issues and problems.
- Experience in acute RTT/A& E/Cancer/Diagnostics Reporting
- Experience in the use of Business Intelligence tools for reporting, e.g., QlikView/Sense, Power BI, Business Objects, SSRS and SSIS etc
- Knowledge of and ability to utilise statistical reporting solutions such as `R` and `SPSS`.
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Office, to include MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent report and paper writing skills
- Able to communicate complex issues at a level appropriate to the audience from ward to board
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent experience
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
The Royal London Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.