Assistant Security Manager
Generally Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:00, with occasional out-of-hours in response to specific projects or emergencies, with TOIL.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Security Manager within the award winning Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Security Department.
The Assistant Security Manager will work closely with the Trust Security Manager, other Assistant Security Manager, Contracted Front-Line Security Colleagues, and wider Facilities Management (FM) Colleagues to provide effective Security and Parking Management services.Main duties of the job
The Assistant Security Manager will also act as a deputy to the Security Manager and undertake such duties as reviewing security arrangements and act as a physical security professional interacting with internal and external stakeholders on security, parking and traffic management.
The Assistant Security Manager will co-ordinate the installation and maintenance of security and parking systems across the Trust as well as support and deputise in contract management matters.
The successful post holder will be instrumental in implementing, monitoring and further reducing security risks to the Trust, including working with the Trust Security Manager, stakeholders and partners to continuously improve the violence prevention and reduction strategy work.
Working within the Security Department, which is part of the Facilities Management Division of the Directorate of Estates, Facilities and Development (EF& D) is a fast-paced and dynamic working environment. Few days will be the same as the last and the Trust, as with many NHS organisations, is constantly changing, not least the changing estate, which impacts on Security and Parking provision within the estate.About us
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately �500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust's secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively. Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- o Security and/or Risk Management Degree, Diploma or Certificate at level 4 or above. Or o At least two consecutive year's relevant management experience in a risk, governance or the Private Security Industry, within the past 5 years.
- Management qualification including risk management or security or related disciplines
- SIA Licence-linked qualification.
- Valid SIA Licence.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent)
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Level 3 teaching/assessing qualification.
- Experience of Security Risk Management in the NHS or other similar large complex organisation.
- Experience in the production of reports, including both root cause analysis and system specifications.
- Experience in the application of layered security systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the application of Security Legislation and Guidance.
Skills, knowledge and AbilityEssential
- Experience of violence prevention and reduction planning.
- Experience in administrating Datix Incident reporting system.
- Experiencing in processing invoices and orders, including management and maintenance of finance records.
- Experience in the management and maintenance of protective security systems, including Access control / CCTV and panic alarm systems.
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with multiple stakeholders to successfully complete projects.
- Knowledge of SIA accreditation and licensing process.
- Knowledge protective security systems, e.g. CCTV, Access control etc.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Good word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the relationship between procedural, physical & environmental security in a healthcare environment.
- Able to rapidly analyse information from a variety of sources and come to a logical conclusion
- Knowledge of Security Management principles
- Full UK driving license (or willing to achieve within 6 months of appointment).
- Can work evenings and weekends, if required.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Datix administration trained
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Hull Royal Infirmary/Castle Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.