Band 6 Deputy Manager ~ RNLD and/or RNMH Nurse.
Birmingham Community NHS Foundation Trust is seeking an enthusiastic, committed individual to provide operational support to the Unit Manager, working across site at Kingswood Drive.
Kingswood Drive consists of two in-patient areas: A 6 bedded unit, providing Short Breaks to adults with Learning Disabilities and associated complex healthcare needs. A 6 bedded residential unit providing end of life care to adults with Learning Disabilities and is located within the South of the city, in Kings Norton
We want to hear from motivated, caring professionals who feel as strongly as we do about the Trust values: Caring, Open, Respectful, Responsible, & Inclusive
We look forward to hearing from any interested parties and, if you should have any questions prior to your application, then please contact Helena Ordish
(Unit Manager) on 0121 466 3780Main duties of the job
About usBe Part of Our Team...
- The role will be a challenging and a fulfilling one, with multi-disciplinary working at its core. We ask that you are dedicated to providing person-centred care and can demonstrate a sound clinical knowledge base with a willingness to develop your skills.
- You should be able to demonstrate that you are a team-player with excellent communication skills, open, friendly, positive and caring.
- The successful post-holder will take on managerial roles as identified and agreed by the Unit Manager, and in line with the job description, to include: ESR management, generation of off duty and maintaining safer staffing levels, contribution to audit & governance within the clinical area, sickness absence monitoring, budget management and maintaining Health and Safety through risk assessment.
BCHC has more than 5000 staff working across Birmingham and the West Midlands in a wide range of community nursing and specialist healthcare roles. BCHC delivers over 100 clinical services, in people's homes, health centres, clinics and inpatient facilities. We deliver a wide range of services for children, young people and families as well as adults and community services, two community hospitals, services for people with learning disabilities, the internationally recognised West Midlands Rehab Centre and one of Europe's leading Dental Hospitals and School of Dentistry. We deliver all of this with a commitment to integrated, personalised care that is rooted in our local communities. We have an ambition to deliver outstanding, integrated care as one of the key NHS providers in the West Midlands.
If you want to 'Be Part of Our Team' and work with a Foundation Trust which is continuously striving for best care and healthy communities, we want to hear from you. IMPORTANT
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Please ensure you check your Trac account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you during the shortlisting and selection process
- Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed fully. Please particularly ensure that you provide full details of all referees including business email address, telephone contact details and postal address
- The successful post-holder will also assist with the day to day running of the clinical area and will offer support, advice and supervision to junior staff. The successful applicant will need to be able to prioritise their workload & act as a role model to junior staff.
- Applicants need to demonstrate experience of working in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct, and have a sound knowledge base of organisational standards, Policies & Procedures and current legislation, which may impact/effect the care given to the patient group and/or the staff working within the service area.
Working hours are predominately expected to be Monday Friday 9-5, but, some flexibility will be required to support the service, which operates 24 hours/365 days a year.
The successful post holder will also be expected to participate within an out of hours on call rota and will be given a robust induction and any identified developmental support which is required.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- post qualification training
- ENB 998 or equivalent
skills and knowledgeEssential
- extensive post registration experience
- working within MDTs
- experience of managing staff
- assessment process
- understanding diversty
- knowledge of complex health needs
- leadership and organisational skills
- level 2 health facilitation
- awareness of legislation affecting learning disabilities
other job requirementsEssential
- affective communication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- on call participation
- time management
- flexible working
- ability to travel independantly
- ability to drive trust vehicles
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.