An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 6 post within Hand Therapy at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust in Shropshire. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist with a keen interest in developing their knowledge and skills in hand therapy with the support and supervision of an experienced hand therapy team.
This post is part of the system wide MSK service. This post will include the management of primary and secondary care referrals, managing both post operative and trauma management.
The MSK transformation in Shropshire Telford and Wrekin has transformed the care of those presenting with MSK conditions across the system. The 3 organisations Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH), Shropshire Communities Health NHS Trust (SCHT) and Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospitals NHS Trust (RJAH), have worked together to implement transformed clinical care across the system. This transformation places emphasis on Therapies and conservative management for MSK conditions resulting in a significant investment in Therapies to provide additional clinical capacity.
We are able to offer a development route for the right applicant without previous hand therapy experience. Our experienced and skilled team of occupational therapists and physiotherapists will provide clinical supervision and training to assist you in developing the skills you require, working towards a specialist hand therapy role.Main duties of the job
- To assess outpatients with a range of hand conditions and in collaboration with the patient formulate and deliver a treatment plan.
- To be responsible for planning and managing own patient caseload.
- To maintain accurate patient records.
- To participate in in-service training, clinical supervision and departmental audits.
- Maintain a professional development portfolio as evidence of developing knowledge and skills.
The post is based in a friendly and supportive outpatient therapy department at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford. Our team of physiotherapists and occupational therapists includes specialist, highly specialist, advanced practitioner therapists and a consultant physiotherapist who have a wealth of expertise and experience to share with you.
The department is involved in research projects and has close links with HEI's providing clinical placements and working closely to identify opportunities for staff. We are committed to allocated CPD time, clinical outcomes and providing a responsive patient focused service. We have a structured in-service training programme and your job plan will include time for non-clinical professional activity.
Therapy services are delivered over two hospital sites within the Trust and although the post is based at our The Princess Royal Hospital in Telford there may be a requirement to travel to The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital site as part of the role.
We would be delighted to speak to interested applicants who require further information and answer any questions about the post, or working for the organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualifications as required for entry into university for professional training
- Holds Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy degree or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of specialist clinical training in relevant areas
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of broad range of pre and post qualification experience
- Evidence of experience in wound management, hand trauma, post op care and splinting
- Evidence of teaching / student experience
- Experience in audit and research
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.