We are looking for an enthusiastic therapist with strong clinical and team working skills, who has a positive and resilient outlook who is able to embrace the challenges and opportunities of working in a large acute trust.
Would you like to develop your leadership and teaching skills alongside growth of your clinical ability? If so, come and join the Therapies team at the University of North Midlands NHS Trust.
The University Hospital of North Midlands is located on 2 hospital sites, Royal stoke and County providing learning and development opportunities across a large therapies team.
The Therapies team offers an excellent 7 day provision with staff working weekends and bank holidays. An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a Physiotherapist. This is a rotational post and offers rotations which include:Main duties of the job
- Critical care (Trauma Centre)
- Assessment and treatment, covering both respiratory and rehab aspects of a variety of complex patients inc. SCI/Trauma/Neurosurgical/Respiratory Failure.
- Respiratory medicine (Weaning Centre)- Involvement in management of both acute and long term conditions, with involvement in complex weaning pathways, NIV and MND regional centre
- Cystic Fibrosis- Regional centre, coveringboth adult and paediatric inpatient and outpatient involvement.
- Acute management and initial rehab for a variety of complex surgical patients, following the complete patient journey.
- SSCU (Surgical Special Care Unit) - Level 1 care beds - Wards (Inc. Amputee, Upper/lower GI, plastics, head & neck)
- Urgent Care - Rapid decision making in relation to discharge planning and equipment provision & admission avoidance.
- Emergency Department
- Acute Medical Unit
- Frail elderly
- Assessment, rehabilitation and complex discharge planning of frail elderly patients including patients with dementia and multiple co-morbidities.
- Acute medicine - Assessment, rehabilitation and complex discharge planning for patients with a wide range of medical conditions.
-Cardiology - Endocrine - Gastroenterology - Infectious diseases - Palliative medicine - Oncology conditions, long term life limiting conditions, symptom management, admission prevention, fast track D/C planning and challenging conversations. - Katherine House HospiceAbout us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on working for the Trust, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
For more details on the post, please contact Jane Teasdale (see contact details)Person SpecificationQualifications or EquivalentEssential
- Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Evidence of CPD
- Registered with HCPC
- CPD relevant to speciality area
- Minimum of 18mths graduate experience as a physiotherapist
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Experience gained withan an acute setting
- Experience relevant to speciality area
- Ability to liaise with other professionals/agencies
- Motivated to self-develop
- Knowledge of interdisciplinary working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Involement in training staff/deliving presentations
- Clinical Educator
- Experience of audits
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Stoke On Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.