12 Months Fixed Term Contract
As a member of the Clinical Systems Team, this challenging and rewarding role will include providing support to clinicians, managers and other colleagues on the most effective and efficient use of clinical systems through design, configuration and development.
Working as Business Change Analysts, you will help to map improvements for services using 'As is' and 'To Be' process maps, scoping documents, benefits realisation and seeking the art of the possible.
In return we will provide the necessary support to ensure your development within your role. We are keen to support and develop our staff through a clear career pathway and encourage promotional opportunities within the Trust.
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy variety in your work and wish to be part of a team striving to make a difference for our community then we want to hear from you.Main duties of the job
- To provide support to the Clinical Systems Teams management of the Trust's core clinical systems and electronic patient records.
- To support the implementation, development and business as usual of the trusts clinical systems.
- The post holder will promote and champion the use of technology to enhance clinical services.
- Support services to improve and enhance existing systems in controlled processes.
- Business Change Management responsibilities for key projects within the CPFT Clinical Systems Team.
- To clearly map and document services challenges and opportunities.
- To scope and translate change requests in to Service action plans.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
1. To work with clinical services and analyse as-is processes and challenge historical ways of working where appropriate.
2. To produce as-is and to-be process flows using Microsoft Visio & engage with Service Managers for approvals.
3. Design and document new to-be processes incorporating the new software functionality and the current as-is processes.
4. To assist in the writing of the Business Change Plans for each Service using the agreed to-be processes.
5. Offer advice and guidance on effective use of clinical systems, including agile working capabilities and emerging cross providersystems and processes.
6. To communicate key benefits messages to all services to gain widespread involvement and stakeholder buy-in to the project so thatpeople have an understanding of why the changes are being made.
7. Engage and work with all members of the Clinical Systems Team including application trainers to roll out new functionality as smoothly as possible.
8. Test software functionality for the to-be processes and identify any key issues in the clinical system test environment.
9. Gather all required information for configuration including existing paper forms, letters, etc. Design and create local clinical datatemplates based on service identified requirements.
10. Escalate issues and concerns to a Clinical Systems Team Manager/Project Manager.
11. Ensure that the processes implemented are compliant with NHS security standards and requirements and does not pose a clinical risk.
12. To lead on specific projects as required for services across CPFT.
13. Assist the Clinical Systems Manager, their delegates and Clinical Systems project managers in delivery of the IT projects run by theClinical Systems Team.
14. Monitoring, advising and maintaining Data Quality and Information Governance requirements
15. Carry out system configuration work as required and specified by the Clinical Systems Manager or their delegates
16.Support implementation of processes for second level support change requests, including understanding of the change request, offering evaluation of the impact and communicating back to Clinical Systems Manager.
17. Offer advice and guidance on effective use of clinical systems, including agile working capabilities and emerging cross provider systems and processes.
18. Responsible for analysing user requirements and translating these requirements into solutions by modifying, developing and implementing enhancements to the system.Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- Degree in IT or numeric subject, or in depth experience in relevant roles.
- Good command of written English
- Project Management Qualification e.g. PRINCE2 or Agile
- In-depth experience in supporting Clinical Information Systems , TPP's SystmOne PAS
- Experience of MS Visio and process mapping services to document and suggest clear pathways
- Experience of change projects and change management
- Experience of system testing
- Experience of translating service requirements into actions
- Experience of working in project environment and delivering product within specified deadlines
- Experience of planning and organising own workload and working with a minimum of supervision
- Experience of managing a demanding workload including prioritising work
- Experience in using Microsoft packages MS Visio, MS Project.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience in data processing
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with challenging customers and situations in both training and support roles whilst remaining calm and polite.
- Ability to adopt an appropriate style and method of communication and deal effectively with people
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work
- In depth knowledge of MS Office packages (Word, Excel, and Outlook etc.)
- Knowledge of NHS terms and definitions and how these are represented in the systems being supported and training delivered on.
- Knowledge of Trust organisation structures and associated responsibilities
- Knowledge of key NHS performance requirements and how these are represented in relevant system
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Positive approach to all people.
- Recognise people's right to privacy and dignity, treating every person with respect
- Willingness to embrace integrated model and new ways of working.
- Flexible, some out of hours work may be required at short notice. Flexible working at peak periods particularly at project go-live
- The NHS is a 24/7 service and as such, our clinical system users and projects may on occasion, require support outside of core hours where agreed with your line manager.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.