CLCH Hertfordshire Adult Community Services - CLCH NHS Trust provides a range of Community Services, and the Hertfordshire Division is recruiting!
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and innovative Pharmacist to join our inclusive, friendly and approachable team in South Hertfordshire, to provide a clinical pharmacy service on our rehabilitation wards at our community hospital sites in Hemel Hempstead
, Watford and Potters Bar.
Part time and flexible working options will be considered.
Are you looking for a rewarding career within the pharmacy world? Perhaps a move from secondary care but still wanting to work as a clinical pharmacist and help patients with their medicines? If yes, this could be the post for you.
As an integral member of the team, you will be providing specialist expertise in the use of medicines whilst supporting to address both public health and social care needs of patients. You will be involved in conducting structured medication reviews for patients with polypharmacy, long term conditions or high-risk patients ensuring an integrated approach to the management of medicines.
If you are successful you will join the existing team of Band 7 pharmacists at the Trust covering a range of rehabilitation specialties. You will be supported by experienced Senior Clinical Pharmacists allowing you to gain new skills and the ideal opportunity to develop strategic, quality improvement and leadership skills.Main duties of the job
- To assist in the development and maintenance of medicines related policies, protocols and procedures.
- To develop and review Patient Group Directions (PGDs).
- To contribute relevant articles to the monthly Medicines Management newsletter.
- To assist in the implementation of national and local prescribing strategies.
- To assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and audit initiatives to support safe medicines supply and use.
- To support medicines management projects and other medicines optimisation workstreams.
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
As an NHS trust,we are committed to equal opportunities and ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace.
We have a number of staff networks: Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN), Race Equality Network and the Rainbow Network which supports LGBT+ staff. Each network has a champion who is an executive director at the Trust and they hold regular meetingsto discuss issues andmake plans to improve CLCH . Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide and develop a high-quality specialist Clinical Pharmacy Service across a range of inpatient settings in the Community Hospitals (Rehabilitation Units, Interim Care Beds, Palliative Care, Discharge to Assess ward) covered by the Bedded Services team supported by the Lead Pharmacist for Hertfordshire and Lead Pharmacist for Bedded Services.
- To provide support and guidance to Medicine Management Pharmacy Technicians
- To be responsible for individualised patient pharmaceutical care ensuring clinical prioritisation on a day-to-day basis at ward level.
- To provide a patient focused pharmacy service to patients and staff including medicines reconciliation and full clinical screening of prescriptions to ensure safe and cost-effective use of evidence based and rational use of medicines, in line with local policies and national guidance ensuring medicines are optimised.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities
- Vocational Masters Degree in Pharmacy
- Professional registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- Postgraduate Clinical Pharmacy Certificate qualification or equivalent
- Postgraduate Clinical Pharmacy Diploma qualification or equivalent
- Independent prescriber
- Health cleared by Occupational Health for the role specified
- Hospital experience
- Experience of providing a Clinical Pharmacy Service with good medicines management initiatives
- Evidence of basic teaching and tutoring in a hospital setting
- Experience of working effectively within multi-disciplinary groups
- Experience of structured medication review
- Primary and Community Health experience
- Experience of audit techniques
- Experience of training
- Experience of project / change management
- Understanding of the NHS and political environment
- Sound knowledge of prescribing, pharmacy and medicines management issues
- Sound knowledge of Medicines Reconciliation on admission and discharge and Medicines Management processes
- Good core therapeutic knowledge
- Knowledge of interface issues
- Excellent communicator - both verbal and written
- To manage own time and prioritise workload effectively
- Computer literate - working knowledge of office applications, internet, email and electronic diary systems and advanced spreadsheet skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to meet service needs
- Ability to think clearly and work under pressure
- Well organized
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic approach to work
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Motivated, resourceful, methodical and analytical
- High standards in terms of conduct, manner and appearance
- Conscientious and reliable
- Courteous and respectful - relates well with all levels in the NHS
- Able to work independently and in a MDT environment
- Team worker
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Harpenden Memorial Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.