Are you an experienced qualified Speech & Language Therapist wanting a change and a new challenge?
Interested in developing work around early intervention for children?
Want to take part in a new, government funded project, Family Hubs?
Keen to join a Trust rated outstanding by the CQC?
Then please read on as we need you!
The team provide an early intervention approach across Central Bedfordshire supporting early identification for children with speech language and communication difficulties and their families. This is a rare opportunity to join our Early Communication Support Team (pre-referral/early intervention team) in Bedford Borough.
You will be:
- Qualified with broad experience to bring to the table, desirable experience is 0-5's
- Able to develop new ideas around early intervention, health promotion and training and be listened to.
- Someone who can prioritise and able to handle a diverse range of duties
- Innovative to strive to develop new projects/ways of working and improve outcomes for our youngest children
- Confident in working and building relationships with a range of multidisciplinary colleagues.
- Opportunities to continue training and further qualifications
- Working with a team who want to make a difference
- Flexible working- opportunity for both remote and face to face working
- Great benefits inc access to a range of employee services
Interested then click on the link and apply today.
We look forward to working with you!Main duties of the job
The postholder will support families accessing Family Hubs and Children's Centres seeking early advice for SLCN and work in partnership with both Health and Education colleagues to enhance the provision and knowledge for early identification of SLCN, including delivery of training. Candidates should be skilled in working compassionately and effectively with families.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate an ability to work flexibly, and demonstrate initiative and confidence around clinical decision making. Candidates will have excellent communication skills and be experienced in multidisciplinary working.About us
Rated 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission, we are proud to provide high quality innovative services across most of the east of England that enable people to receive care closer to home and live healthier lives.There's one reason why our services are outstanding - and that's our amazing staff - who, for the seventh year running, rated us incredibly highly in the national staff survey.If you share our passion for innovative and high-quality care delivery, then please submit your application and join us on our exciting journey as a leading-edge specialist community provider. All are welcome to apply and our promise to you is a culture which prioritises staff engagement and development.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob Purpose:
The post holder will be an experienced Therapist and will work with the Early Communication Support Team within the field of preventative practice and early identification. They will support the delivery of SLT into Family Hubs and Childrens Centres in Bedford Borough. They will have day to day responsibility for promoting speech and language activities across Bedford and in designated Family Hub venues and/or for a caseload of pre-school children and their families in community settings/groups and home visits. Main Duties and Responsibilities
To manage and prioritise a defined caseload and work with an appropriate degree of autonomy and independence, with regular support/supervision, with children and their families accessing Family Hubs.
To promote early identification, appropriate treatment/discharge/referral on, of children with speech and language difficulties.
To work in partnership with health and education colleagues to deliver an integrated support pathway for Family Hubs work under the Home Learning Environment and Communication strand.
To deliver and develop Universal key messages around SLCN.
To deliver training to enhance the skills of the wider workforce around Speech, Language and Communication.
To identify training needs, to develop packages/workshops around SLCN to deliver the training independently.
To identify, assess and diagnose communication impairments and select appropriate patients and type of therapy for effective treatment.
To assess, develop and implement speech and language therapy treatment and discharge as appropriate. To make a differential diagnosis on the basis of evidence from assessment, and design appropriate treatment based on analysis of profile of need seeking advice as appropriate.
To develop clinical skills and professional knowledge through experience, training and supervision.
Independently take students on placements for clinical teaching and supervision, including exam placement.
Be responsible for the supervision of SLT unqualified staff and volunteers.
Contribute to the support of newly and recently graduated SLT Staff.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Recognised S& lt Degree or equivalent Health Professions Council Licence to Practice Registered Member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Attendance at relevant CEN
- Signing trained
- Knowledge of a range of paediatric clinical disorders, assessments and appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Evidence of working in an integrated way with partner organisations
- Experience of delivering training
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Experience of working in Children's Centres
- Ability to innovate and create new ideas
- Good auditory discrimination skills and ability to transcribe speech phonetically
- Awareness of the principles of clinical audit and governance
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults
Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.