We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Nurse, OT or Social Worker to join our Community Mental Health Team as a Care Coordinator.
In this role you will work alongside an experienced, knowledgeable, hardworking and very supportive multidisciplinary team. You will be supported to develop your existing skills, knowledge and experience within the integrated Community Mental Health Team setting.Main duties of the job
We currently have a vacancy for a full time Band 5 Community Mental Health Practitioner within our HMR Community Mental Health Teams (CMHT).We are a Community Mental Health Team that works with adult's age 18yrs upwards.
The post is currently based within the Care Coordination function of The Heywood & Middleton CMHT based at Hanson Corner, Middleton. However, you may be expected to work within any function of the three HMR CMHTs. You will have a defined caseload and also be expected to duty work as part of a team rota.This is a full time post working core hours of Monday to Friday 08:45-16:45hrs. Some flexibility will be required with working hours due to the nature of the role and when covering the duty service. PARIS training would be an advantage however training will be provided if required.You will be working as part of a very experienced team and this opportunity would make a good pathway for anyone wishing to pursue or develop a community career.About us
We are an integrated service with Rochdale Borough Council. We are looking for a motivated individual who wants to pursue a career within community mental health services. If you demonstrate the trust values, are committed to supporting to achieve the Trust 4 big ambitions and addressing inequalities. we welcome your application. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification and ensure your supporting information reflects the requirements for this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- At degree level / equivalent experience.
- Willingness to undertake further training relevant to the practitioner role resulting from legislative or service changes, as appropriate.
- Mentorship in Healthcare Practice (MSLAP
- To have worked in a mental health inpatient setting as a student or post qualified.
- Experience of working with clients presenting with co-morbidity.
- Experience of working within community settings
- Post qualifying experience in a relevant area of mental health practice.
- Experience of liaising with other professional disciplines and agencies
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Social Care
- Understanding of the Care Programme Approach
- Knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
- Knowledge of Recovery and social inclusion models
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Adults procedures
- Knowledge of Medications
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of Personalisation and Self Directed Support
- Working knowledge of therapeutic assessment techniques and interventions in the management of behaviour of individuals with complex mental health needs
Work Related CircumstancesEssential
- Ability to undertake the Care Coordinator role under supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a MDT.
- Ability to provide professional expertise in the care of mental health service users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate informally and develop supportive relationships with clients, carers and other professionals.
- Ability to communicate formally in meetings and in other contexts.
- Ability to prepare, record and complete relevant documents and reports to a professional standard
- Ability to demonstrate effective time management and disciplined self - organisation.
- Ability to provide advice to Assistant Practitioners.
- Ability to provide appropriate education and training to peers and assistant as appropriate.
- Ability to value diversity and respond constructively to discriminatory behaviour.
- To utilise the supervision process
- Computer literacy.
- Flexible and adaptable
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Hanson Corner, Middleton.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.