Full Time - 10 PA's with additional PA for special interest/on callsAn excellent opportunity exists for a dynamic team player to join Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust as a Specialist in Acute (Internal) Medicine.NLaG NHS FT is developing and investing in its acute care model. The Integrated Acute Assessment Unit has been in place since 2020 including SDEC. Information systems on the Unit have been recently modernised to improve patient care and further initiatives are progressing to deliver a full Electronic Patient Record. On site, state of the art diagnostics are available 24/7. New AAUs and are being built on both sites with modern facilities for patients and staff, with new ED units recently opening.
The successful candidate will form one of a team of 22 consultants and Specialists in the department providing services at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital and Scunthorpe General Hospital. The posts have been developed on the background of service redesign, 7-day access and growing needs to support out of hours same day emergency care work and education and training.
As a senior employee of the Trust the post-holder will work in close co-operation with, and support, other clinical, medical, professional, and managerial colleagues in providing high quality healthcare to the Trust's patients.
Relocation incentive is available as per Trust policyMain duties of the job
Integral to the responsibilities of the post are the following requirements: -
- To ensure the provision of a first-class clinical service
- To provide effective leadership to junior doctors and medical students
- To undertake all work in accordance with the Trust's procedures and operating policies
- To conduct clinical practice in accordance with contractual requirements and within the parameters of the Trust's and Operational Group's services plans
All you need is:Good experience in acute/general medicine or related specialty at registrar's / Specialty Doctor level for more than 6 years, motivation and enthusiasm to develop in the specialty. There is an excellent modern Development and Education Centre with extensive facilities.
The Hull York Medical School has brought an increase in the number students being taught within the Department. The successful candidate will be expected to take part in the teaching of medical students. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to be appointed as Honorary Senior Lecturer at Hull York Medical School (HYMS).About us
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.
Please be aware that all newemployees starting work with us will be charged for the cost of their DBS check, if it is required for their role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As a senior employee of the Trust the post-holder will work in close co-operation with, and support, other clinical, medical, professional, and managerial colleagues in providing high quality healthcare to the Trusts patients.
The post would suite an enthusiastic team player dedicated to high quality patient care. The opportunity exists to work in a non-hierarchical setting and offer a wide range of Acute Medicine procedures in these busy District General Hospitals
The post holder is expected to contribute to a service which is both Consultant-led and delivered.
- Undertake board rounds and patient reviews of the allocated acute area/bed base
- Review all new medical admissions when rostered for Acute Care Physician (ACP) on- call duty within the timeframe of the operational standard for the AAU and remain responsible for the care of these patients until they are either discharged from AAU or transferred to the specialty ward whereby the care is transferred.
- Manage short stay acute medical admissions
- Assess all new admissions to HDU/ ITU and refer them to appropriate speciality, with transfer of care as required.
- Direct and manage the team to deliver effective, safe, and timely care in line with the operating standards of the AAU
- Ensure appropriate handover of care at the end of a shift to the next responsible clinician.
- Leadership role in specialty
- Liaise with specialty clinicians to facilitate their early involvement and management.
- Further develop functional links with the community to facilitate seamless transfer of patients between the community and the hospital.
- Ensure timely completion of all documentation pertinent to an admission, transfer, discharge, or death, in line with hospital standards.
- Acute Frailty assessment and Same day emergency care work as per allocated shift
- Supervise and ensure robust and effective hospital clinical handover at 09:00 am each morning Monday Friday moving to 7 days when service extends.
- Acute physician cover for out of hours i.e. weekend short stay/OOH SDEC and Acute Frailty assessment and secondary care Acute medical A& G response for Ambulance and community services when on shift on SDEC carrying the shift phone/device for EMAS/YAS and Primary care access.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full registration with the GMC and licence to practice at the time of appointment.
- oapplicants have undertaken undergraduate medical training in English ohave the following scores in the academic lnternational English Language Testing System (IELTS) - Overall 7.5, Speaking 7, Listening 7, Reading 7, Writing 7 ohave achieved at least grade B in the medicine version of the Occupational English Test, in each area, speaking, listening, reading & writing
- MRCP or equivalent medical qualification
- An appropriate higher degree, eg an MD, PhD or equivalent
- Higher degree
- Specialty certificate examination (SCE) in acute medicine or related specialty
- 12 years post-graduation experience
- Evidence of specific training /experience in acute medicine and/ or general medicine or allied specialties e.g. Renal/ITU/Resp/Geriatrics for at least 6 years at Specialty Doctor or registrar level.
- Acute care safe: Out of hours experience relevant to the job.
- Teaching: evidence of interest and experience in teaching where required in the job.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- up-to-date ALS
- ALS instructors certificate
- Hospital at night team working / experience.
- Evidence of participation in Clinical Audit
- Evidence of involvement in Clinical Research
- 360? feedback
- Patient survey feedback and reflections
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.