Clinical Nurse Specialist Team Leader - Paediatric Epilepsy
This is an exciting opportunity for a part time Band 7 Paediatric Epilepsy Clinical Nurse Specialist Team Leader to support and participate in the running of our service. You will be working with these patients in clinics and in the community, providing support and education to the children and their families. We pride ourselves on the excellent service we deliver to our patients and their families. For further information please contact Claire Lord, Paediatric Matron, 0118 3227480.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to work across care settings at the hospital and in the community as an expert in this clinical field, to deliver specialist clinical epilepsy services to children and their families.
Provide specialist, interdisciplinary education and training to other staff and students.
Works strategically to influence the development of the service both locally and nationally.
Leads clinical audits in own area.
Participate in /facilitates/undertakes researchAbout us
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.Our values: Compassionate, Aspirational, Resourceful, Excellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Holds own defined caseload.
- Communicates complex, sensitive information effectively and empathetically to patients and relatives. Maintains personally generated observations in records.
- Assesses, develops and implements evidence based specialist nursing care programmes, and advice for patients and relatives.
- Work as an expert practitioner in given area, acting as a resource for other interdisciplinary healthcare professions. Maintains a high profile in the clinical area, acting as a role model for good practice.
- Works with professional groups and other agencies in both primary and secondary healthcare settings. Assumes a central role in problem solving and service co-ordination to ensure patients and carers receive high standards of seamless quality care.
- Works with non-specialist interdisciplinary practitioners to compliment their care, and the quality of the service provided.
- When appropriate, participates in the establishment /running of nurse-led clinics. When trained, undertakes diagnostic and therapeutic procedures pertinent to specialist role.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary meetings.
- Acts on clinical incidents pertinent to area, to reduce clinical risk.
- Registered Nurse - Child
- Educated to a minimum of 1st degree level/able to demonstrate evidence that is working at degree level/commenced degree
- ENB 998/ Slice, C& G 730 or equivalent
- Evidence of recent appropriate clinical practice in managing children and young people with constipation
- Advanced communication training
- Community experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Several years post qualification of which a considerable amount must be in speciality
- Working knowledge of current policies and documents relating to best practice for children and young people with epilepsy
- Experience of managing a defined caseload and an ability to work under pressure to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Detailed experience in facilitation/ teaching/ assessing/ coaching.
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.