Mid Cheshire NHS Foundation Trust is seeking a skilled and dedicated Lead Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to join our team on a fixed term contract to support the implementation of our new digital clinical system (DCS), MEDITECH Expanse.
Working in a friendly and welcoming environment, this challenging role will provide highly developed expert specialist support and advice on data manipulation, transformation, and data visualisation applications including Power BI and SSRS.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated with outstanding technical skills who is able to work with minimal supervision while handling conflicting priorities. Proficiency in working with large datasets in SQL databases is essential whilst knowledge of NHS data would be an advantage.
Reporting to the Principal BI Developer and leading a small team, you will collaborate with operational managers and DCS stakeholders to understand system capabilities, reporting requirements and support the delivery of the required data flows and dashboards.
This is a full-time fixed-term post until March 2025. Applications requesting flexible working hours or locations would be considered.
Interviews planned for week commencing 11th SeptemberMain duties of the job
You will play a critical role in the DCS project delivery by supporting the Principal BI Developer to:
- Establish and maintain a project plan for delivery of the Trust's reporting requirements
- Update and maintain the current report register and associated documentation
- Review the current report usage and identify reports for decommissioning or consolidating
- Work with the DCS project team to build understanding of the MEDITECH Expanse solution
- Work closely with the Data Warehouse and Analyst teams for delivery of data requirements
- Requirement gathering, report design and development
- Provide regular progress updates to the DCS programme
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MCHFT) provides good quality, safe and effective healthcare to the people of Cheshire and beyond. The Trust, which manages Leighton Hospital in Crewe, Victoria Infirmary in Northwich, and Elmhurst Intermediate Care Centre in Winsford, was established as an NHS Trust in April 1991 and became a Foundation Trust in April 2008.
We employ almost 5,000 members of staff, provide around 540 hospital beds, with a range of services including accident and emergency, maternity, outpatients, therapies, and children's health.
The Trust is also part of Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership (CCICP), a unique local health partnership that provides a range of community services for people across South Cheshire and Vale Royal.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, the Trust was recognised nationally for its 'Be Safe Be EquiPPEd' campaign, which aimed to make the Trust as safe as possible for staff and patients, through supporting the correct use of PPE. The results in the 2020 national NHS Staff Survey showed improvements in all elements of the safety culture theme, with 92% of respondents feeling their role made a difference to our patients. We were also recognised nationally for our workforce health and wellbeing initiatives.
At Mid Cheshire, we value our staff and appreciate that in order to give our patients the best quality, compassionate care, we also need to look after our colleagues.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesSERVICE DELIVERY
- To ensure that regular, timely and accurate information is provided to Trust management and clinicians
- To scope design, develop and maintain information reporting systems, databases, integrated and automated dashboards and query tools
- Provide highly developed expert specialist support and advice on data manipulation, transformation and presentation to relevant staff
- ensure that the most up to date datasets and feeds are available via the data warehouse
- research and maintain a good understanding of available new technologies/techniques and be able to apply as appropriate
- ensure that all software developed, and information outputs produced are documented in accordance with departmental standards
- Design, develop and implement data validation and quality assurance systems and methodologies.
- maintain the confidentiality of information regarding patients, staff and other health service business in accordance legislation as appropriate
- undertake all statutory and mandatory training as deemed necessary
- comply with Trust policies, procedures and guidelines
Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE/ PREVIOUS EXPERIENCEEssential
- responsible for the line management, and recruitment of members of staff within the BI Development team
- Promote and embed a culture of continuous quality and service improvement
- cascade knowledge and skills and train colleagues with any new techniques and technologies as necessary
- Extensive familiarity with complex computerised information systems.
- Integrated dashboard scope, design and development.
- Proven ability to lead, influence and motivate with project/ resource planning experience
- Experience of designing, coding, testing and implementation of efficient and robust database schemas.
- Familiarity with BI analytics tools, such as PowerBI, SSRS, Qlik.
- A Masters' degree or equivalent relevant experience to achieve expert status in the use MS-SQL, SSRS and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of the information needs and processes of the clinical and operational functions within an acute hospital.
- Expert knowledge of the NHS Data Manual, Information Standards, data flows and statistical returns gained through at least 2 years in an NHS informatics role
- Management and supervision of staff including appraisals and sickness management.
- A logical and analytical approach to problem solving demonstrated in an information systems environment
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise flexibly in order to meet competing and changing deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of analysts.
- Familiarity with benchmarking & comparative analysis tools.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must be willing to act as a role model. Must be willing to take personal responsibility. Must have the courage to speak up. Must value and appreciate the worth of others.
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.