Clinical Service Manager - Community Nutrition and Home Enteral Feeding Services Manager/Professional Lead Dietitian
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Manchester Citywide Community Services. This post will be of interest to you if you are an experienced, highly motivated Dietitian with excellent clinical, managerial, leadership and communication skills who is committed to providing high quality dietetic services and care outside hospital and working collaboratively across boundaries.
The post holder will be based within the North Locality of Manchester at Victoria Mill Health Centre and will need to be able to travel across the city of Manchester support service delivery in all localities. He/she will provide clinical and managerial leadership to multidisciplinary staff working within the community nutrition and home enteral feeding services working in the community to deliver dietetic input in patients own homes and clinic settings. The post holder will provide professional leadership to dietitians within the Manchester Local Care Organisation. Opportunities will be available for the successful candidate to work closely with the other services to influence the future of care delivery pathways in line with the integration agenda and to impact positively upon patients' and carers' experience.Main duties of the job
- Provide clinical leadership and day to day service management tothe community nutrition and home enteral feeding services within the Manchester Local Care Organisation
- The post holder will provide professional and clinical leadership to dietitians within the North, Central and South localities and support the training, education and clinical supervision of dietitians across the city. The post holder will support the Lead AHP in North and across the other localities and deputise where needed to support theAHP agenda in the MLCO.
- The post holder will be an integral member of the senior locality team and will contribute to ongoing service development and redesign for community nutrition services including urgent and non-urgent dietetic services through the demonstration of expert clinical knowledge. The post holder will lead on and promote servicedevelopments and will have knowledge and understanding of the National agenda and local directives.
- The post holder will ensure the key functions of the Service Manager role are undertaken for the locality through: demonstrable effective leadership and the setting, monitoring and maintenance of professional standards.
Please see attached job description and person specification for further detailsAbout us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant Professional Health Degree
- HCPC registration
- Relevant qualifications or portfolio evidence in specialist area of dietetics
- Masters degree or equivalent level of experience
- Post graduate qualifications
- Relevant experience in ONS and HEF in community services
- Experience of working with complex conditions
- Experience of team leadership
- Ability to manage crisis situation and re-organise workload at short notice
- Experience of partnership working
- Delivery of service change
- Introduction of new service developments
- Sound understanding of Clinical Governance
- Budgetary management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of research and audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Change management
- Knowledge of current policy
- Teaching experience
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Victoria Mill Health Centre
Lower Vickers Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.