Clinical Team Leader -Community
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 team leader post in the Assertive Outreach branch and Rehabilitation team (AORT).
We are looking for a highly experienced and enthusiastic senior clinician who has a real passion for mental health and who promotes the highest standards of care in their practice.
The post holder will lead a community based multidisciplinary mental health team. Responsibilities include providing on-going holistic assessments, treatment and support to service users with psychosis. Crucially enabling staff to provide a high quality service for service users and carers.
You will need to be able to provide effective managerial and clinical leadership in the team and will coordinate and lead on internal and external referrals.
In exchange, you will be supported through regular supervision and appraisal. We are committed to helping to develop the people that come to work with us.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for leading a Community Mental Health team based within the borough of Southwark. Working within the scope of professional practice the post holder will provide a key role in leading and managing a community mental health service. Your role will be key in monitoring clinical governance and ensuring that the service provides safe and quality services to the population of Southwark.
You will be a professional resource for our multi professional teams, patients and carers.This is a diverse and challenging role and requires an experiencedmental health
professional (a Nurse, Occupational Health Therapist or Social worker).
Your expertise in management will ensure that the team consistently meet the waiting time standards, utilizing available resources and Patient Journey framework. You will ensure that systems are in place to collate Service Users and Carers feedback about our service and translate this into recommendations that support their strategic involvement.
The role sits with the larger Community Pathway within the Southwark directorate and involves working in collaboration with multidisciplinary team (MDT) colleagues.
.About usAbout the location:
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.
This post will be based at Marina House, which is in Camberwell, Southwark. The nearest underground station is Denmark Hill. Limited parking is available.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Ensure that all clinical practice is developed using up to date evidence base, ensuring that all staff have the appropriate skill base and supporting mechanisms to access training to work with the service user group.
- Oversee a service user's care pathway, utilising available resources and Patient Journey framework and lead the team in its implementation.
- Develop and maintain procedures that result in good communication between the multidisciplinary team and other agencies.
- Deputising for the Clinical Service Lead as required
- Ensuring that systems are in place which invite service users and their carers to comment on the quality of services they receive.
- Implementation of the complaints procedure including investigation, response, and resolution.
- Ensuring that their line manager is kept informed of all developments and changes within the team.
- The creation and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to learning and which meets the educational standards required by Educational Institutions whose students are placed on the ward. The post-holder will be expected to facilitate actively the teams involvement in the training and education of staff from a variety of disciplines.
- Participating in projects within the team and Trust as required by the senior management of the Directorate.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse/Social Worker/Approved Mental Health Professional/Registered Occupational Therapist with substantial experience working in a community setting
- Relevant experience or equivalent of working in Mental Health Services in a multi-disciplinary capacity
- Relevant experience or equivalent of working in Assertive Outreach or Rehabilitation
- Awareness of social care provision and collaborative working with mental health
- Ability to show leadership and support of junior staff members through supervision
- Ability to understand staff talent and ensure development of staff with the team and Trust
- Knowledge of regional and national health and social care frameworks which are applicable to the role
- Car driver and current driving licence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good time management and self-organisation skills
- Clear understanding of clinical governance and the necessity for quality
- Ability to understand financial management of a health care service and to monitor budgets
- Knowledge and application of current mental health and social care legislation and policy
- An understanding of effective staff rostering
- High standard of Computer literacy
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a wide range of service users, carers, professionals, senior directorate staff and CCG representatives
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
63-65 Denmark Hill
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.