FLOW & SAFETY MIDWIFE x 2 - Band 7
Secondment or Fixed Term Opportunity for 1 year
Working closely with the inpatient Matrons to manage the maternity staff and resources within the ward/department areas to provide high quality and cost-effective clinical care. To provide leadership to midwifery and non-midwifery staff, ensuring effective management of the daily activity and throughput within the maternity unit. This will result in high standards of midwifery care, reduction in length of stay and responsiveness to individualised needs, thus increasing client satisfaction.
Interview: tbcMain duties of the job
- Manages the flow across maternity is maintained in the hospital by acting as a role
model for staff providing clinical expertise and advice. Escalating concerns as required.
- Oversee the daily service delivery, identifying constraints and redeploying resources to meet the
service needs. Liaising with and updating the senior management team if additional resources e.g. agency staff are required or in the event of resources being unable to address current service needs.
- Have an overview of all staff within the maternity services.
- Escalate any concerns according to the escalation plan
- Proactive in addressing and defusing complaints. Liaise with ward managers and Matrons as deemed necessary for complaints within their designated ward.
- Contribute to and complete investigations as directed by senior management team
- Develop and maintain a planned systematic and problem solving approach to individualised care.
- Be aware of relevant research findings and apply these to clinical practice and to participate in
research programmes as required.
- Carry the bleep in the unit, ensuring effective communication between departments, bed and site team and overseeing the timely discharge of clients.
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon. The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 4,100 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.Our main hospital site, Croydon University Hospital is one of the busiest in London. We're also leading the way in providing more healthcare outside hospitals at clinics, specialist centres and in people's homes. Our experienced district nursing teams, Allied Health Professionals and community matrons look after people of all ages across Croydon.Across the NHS everyone is working hard to meet growing demand and we're no exception. But with the right people on board, we are rising to this challenge, putting our people in the driving seat, encouraging innovation and transforming our services to give local people the quality of care they deserve. Croydon Health Services puts a great deal of importance on education and training throughout the careers of all of our staff.If you want the opportunity to have a real impact, challenge yourself and be part of an NHS Trust that's making a real difference then a career at Croydon Health Services could be just what you're looking for.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and personal specification for further details and information for the rolePerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- oEvidence of professional development.
- oAwareness and understanding of current national and local midwifery issues.
- oKnowledge of clinical governance and risk management
- oDemonstrate a desire to improve standards
- oManagerial/Leadership qualifications and / or experience
- oExperience of implementing change management projects
- oAbility to initiate change and participate in implementing new policies and procedures
- oEnthusiastic and motivated
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExamination and assessment of the newborn
- oExperienced in producing reports and presenting findings in public
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.