There has never been a more exciting time to join our team of designing and delivering Urgent Care in Mental Health services in the NHS! Working in collaboration with mental health, social care and Voluntary and social enterprise services gives us an opportunity to lead the development of truly integrated health & care services.
The Urgent Care services have commenced the transition to the new model of practice. This is an exciting time to join a team to ensure holistic and patient focused care is delivered as close to home as possible, Promoting least restrictive alternatives at all times. Utilising and continuing to develop integrated pathways across all systems and partnerships for mental health to enable effective patient journeys through our health and care system.We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly skilled Allied Health Professional, Nursing or Social care Professional to join us as Head of Service for Mental Health-Urgent Care Services.Main duties of the jobFor more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operational management of the Urgent Care Mental Health services across Coventry and Warwickshire in accordance with trust values in the delivery of effective efficient and high-quality service. This role will work closely with the General Manager, service managers clinical and professional leads to develop and deliver safe and effective services in accordance with key national targets clinical standards service priorities and performance indicators set by the commissioners or trust. The post holder will support and oversee delivery of services at a trust wide geographical level they will be required to work autonomously in order to address issues impacting on service delivery with overall support and strategic direction the general manager.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put people at our heart this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
Generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
Excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
Salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
Discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
Well-being support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
Staff networks and support group Were always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and well-being of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
A Head of Service will provide be managerially accountable to the General Manager and will lead all aspects of the day to day operational management of the Acute Services sub-directorate of All Adult Mental Health Services The post holder works in partnership with the Head of Nursing and Clinical Leads for Acute Services to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care within resources available.
The focus of the post will be to provide strong operational leadership to a discrete portfolio of services. The post holder will be a key member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) managing the specialist service line and will be pivotal in ensuring that positive outcomes for patients and staff are achieved.
The post-holder will be responsible for ensuring that services are delivered safely to a high standard and within budget. There will be a need to be transformative and innovative as Services expand and relationships across the system are developed to meet local needs
They will work with others to continuously improve services, ensure service user and carer experience is positive services are responsive and accessible and transitions between services are smooth and seamless. They will ensure that clinical governance mechanisms are in place, driven at a local level, ensuring lessons are learnt and experience informs best practice. This will include working with Safety & Quality colleagues to ensure that lessons are proactively learnt via the appropriate formal and informal processes, and that complaints and concerned are managed to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
They will demonstrate a high level of effective communication with all staff, recognising the need for good information during periods of change. At all times supporting the Trust and where relevant, the reputation of senior colleagues, maintaining a positive attitude with strong commitment to results.
They will Contribute to the strategic planning, development of existing and new services, ensuring that the services are responsive to the diverse needs of the local population we serve. Working within the Senior Management Team, they will be accountable for implementation of and leading on service development actions that arise in this context, taking account of the needs of the relevant local communities, striving at all times to promote personalised care, wellbeing, safety and social inclusion. They will Deputise for the General Manager and other colleagues as required.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Educated to master's degree level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level
- Relevant qualification in learning disability field or mental health field
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate and present complex information to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to quickly establish and maintain effective working relationships across organisational and professional boundaries.
- Must demonstrate the ability to give verbal presentations and/or deliver written reports/papers to senior stakeholders and influential groups of decision makers
- Excellent understanding of national policy in relation to services for urgent care Mental Health Services
- Good interpersonal and relationship management skills and highly developed political skills
- Chairing skills and ability to manage meetings with multidisciplinary statutory, voluntary sector, patient, carer and public inputs
- High level analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions from combinations of qualitative and quantitative information sources and present in a concise manner.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions, to problem solve and respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Demonstrable capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Ability to champion a more effective use of technology within the service and new ways of working
- Ability to positively motivate staff
- Ability to manage poor performance
- Experience of interpreting complex information, distilling key messages and themes and presenting a position and options to various types of audiences
- Experience of working with senior and/or level stakeholders to form and enact cross organisational strategic plans, projects or initiatives
- Evidence of delivering successful change within an organisational context or multi-agency context, using a range of effective influencing, negotiation, facilitation and process skills
- Demonstrable experience of driving service improvements and/or understanding linked to the equality and diversity agenda
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding
- Experience of researching best practice, interpreting its relevance and processes/ practices which could be implemented successfully to achieve service changes or system reform
- Experience of managing budgets, involvement in budget setting and working knowledge of financial processes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work throughout the CWPT geography as required for specific projects or CWPT wide developments
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Clifford Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.