We are committed to providing high quality care for the people across the Bradford district. Are You?
As a provider of care for people of all ages who have mental and/or community health needs we are dedicated to providing a high-quality service, close to where people live and as much as possible tailored to an individual's needs.
Are you a passionate Occupational Therapist looking for a new and exciting challenge to develop your skills within an inpatient mental health care setting? A fantastic opportunity has arisen for aninterim Band 5 Occupational Therapist's
to join our well-established team at Lynfield Mount Hospital. The vacancy is based on Ashbrook (female acute ward).Main duties of the job
For this role, the job purpose is to manage an Occupational Therapy specific caseload of patients on the acute mental health ward, under the support and supervision of a Senior Occupational Therapist and the wider Occupational Therapy team. This will include:
-Utilising the evidence base and specialist occupational knowledge and skills
-Delivering specific and person-centred interventions with a focus on recovery and wellbeing
- Supporting the wider clinical team in promoting mental health and managing risk and safety across the ward.
- Contributing to MDT formulations and individualised care plans to support transition and discharges.
- Prioritising own workload and managing time effectively
- Contributing to team and service developments
- Being involved in supporting students and assistants with their development and learning
- Adopting working hours in accordance with the team requirements Closing Date: 1st October 2023 Shortlisting Date: 2nd October 2023 Interview Date: W/C 9th October 2023 About us
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and the person specification for more details about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent pre-registration award in occupational therapy
- State registered with the Health Care Professions Counci
- Other clinical qualifications with relevance to the job
- Undergraduate practice placements in a variety of settings
- Any other experience with relevance to the job
- Experience of working within mental health services
- Knowledge of occupational therapy and HCPC standards and codes of ethics
- Knowledge of occupationally focused models and theories
- Knowledge of recovery focused approaches within mental health services
- Knowledge of relevant evidence based occupational assessments e.g. MoHOST, OCAIRS, Mayers lifestyle questionnaire
- Knowledge of relevant occupationally focused interventions
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and local policy
- Able to demonstrate good communication and team working skills
- Able to assess, plan, deliver interventions and evaluate with regard to occupational performance
- Able to maintain high standards of practice as an occupational therapist
- Able to support others in their development
- Able to contribute to service development
- Able to use clinical and managerial supervision to improve practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use evidence based, specialist occupationally focused assessments relevant to the client group
- Ability to use specialist, occupationally focused interventions relevant to the client group
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lynfield Mount Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.