We are recruiting to our Band 5 Occupational Therapy rotation. As a member of our team, you will partake in our enhanced Preceptorship Programme, POPPIES, which will support you throughout your band 5 journey. It will enable you to develop the knowledge and skills you need to become an autonomous and confident practitioner.
You will have the opportunity to rotate across a variety of settings including, Physical, Stroke, Reablement Teams, Adult Mental Health, Older Persons Mental Health and Paediatrics which will provide you with the experience to become a truly holistic Occupational Therapist.
In CTM, our OT service is constantly seeking to learn and improve to ensure we are delivering an evidence based and quality service to the people we serve. We actively encourage all our staff members to be involved in audit, quality improvement and research and have a number of in service learning opportunities to support staff development.Main duties of the job
Come and join us in Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board! We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated Occupational Therapists! You will gain a diverse range of clinical experiences in our dynamic, progressive and award winning Occupational Therapy service.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a friendly andsupportive environment withina range of specialtiesacrossphysicalhealth, paediatricsand mental health settingsincluding the community.Our Band 5 Rotational includesacute medicine,trauma andorthopaedics,in-patientrehabilitation,paediatrics, re-ablement,integrated community resource service,stroke,adultmental health, andolderpersons' mental health.
The post offers an extended Preceptorship Programme that provides you with fantastic opportunities to develop your clinical and professional skill set. The Occupational Therapy service supports involvement in clinical audit, research, in-service training, and continued professional development. You will have regular clinical supervision and support from experienced colleagues and from our Band 5 support forum.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB is ideally located for access to Cardiff in the south, and the scenic Brecon Beacons National Park in the north.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree/ Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration
- Membership of Professional Body
- Experience of working in a variety of different clinical settings including physical and mental health fields
- Experience in specialist areas of Occupational Therapy
- Experience of working in a social care setting
- Use of Models of practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in a way which will neither offend nor antagonise
- Excellent personal organisational skills for caseload management, including time management and prioritisation skills
- Computer literate with keyboard skills
- Experience of working as a Team
- Awareness of local and national policies relating to OT practice
- Knowledge and application of OT Models of Practice
- Knowledge of application of OT in specific specialist areas
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use initiative and cope well under pressure
- Ability to cope with distressing or emotional circumstances
- Ability to be mobile around geographical patch
- Physically fit to undertake duties e.g. moving patients/equipment,
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Merthyr & Cynon
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.