The post holder is responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. The post holder will assist and is expected to supervise junior staff and be able to teach qualified and unqualified staffMain duties of the job
Avocet Ward isa Warm and friendly community inpatient rehabilitation ward which provides a service to patients over 65 years.
We are looking for a part time band 5 registered nurse with a keen interest in rehabilitation of the older patient. We work closely with the Multidisciplinary team to provide a high standard of care to all of our patients.
We welcome applications from Newly qualified and experienced Staff nurses - full training and mentorship will be provided.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
o Season Ticket Loans
o NHS discounts for staff
o Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
o Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
o The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
o Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
o Day One Flexible Employer
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To adhere to the Trusts agreed policies and procedures.
- To promote and develop equality of opportunity in accordance with the Trusts Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To protect the confidentiality of information relating to the Trust, patient and staff or other agencies.
- To provide a quality service to internal and external agencies and participate/develop clinical governance within sphere of responsibility.
- To share responsibility for abiding by Health & Safety policies and regulations and acting in accordance with the Risk Management Policy.
- Develop the assessment, development, implementation and delivery of agreed standard of nursing care.
- Provide basic, intermediate and advanced patient care.
- Ensure that all nursing records and documents are completed accurately and legibly.
Discharge patients following the Trusts Discharge Policy.
- Assist the ward manager to ensure all staff are aware of prevention and control of infection
- Develop innovative practices using research-orientated approach.
- Act as an advocate for patient and protect their rights and dignity
- Ensure that Essence of Care benchmarking is carried out and appropriate actions are taken.
- Ensure agreed standard for ward cleanliness by reporting any concerns to the ward manager.
- Work at an advanced clinical level and be a role model for all staff.
- Manage the clinical area in the absence of more senior staff to ensure effective communication between all MDT to ensure safe management of patients.
Desirable Knowledge and understandingEssential
- Professional Registration Part1 NMC register
- Knowledge of current NHS, professional and educational issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Currently working in a relevant area
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Avocet Ward, Saffron Walden Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.