Owing to a secondment, we are seeking an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our medicine team for 12 months. The service is predominantly focused on acute inpatient care, covering complex care and acute specialties.
Some experience of working within this specialty or acute services preferable, although those with transferable skills will also be considered. This advert may close early, if we have received sufficient applications. Therefore you are highly advised to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.Main duties of the job
The caseloads are varied, challenging and rewarding requiring application of a wide range of therapeutic skills to encompass functional and cognitive assessments, early interventions, social and environmental needs for discharge planning and onward referrals.
Close multi-disciplinary working and links with community partners in the wider health and care system exist to address needs at all stages of the clinical pathways, with occupational therapy playing a crucial role. About us
North Bristol NHS Trust is a great place to work. Situated in the vibrant city of Bristol is our award-winning building opened in 2014, offering exceptional facilities for patients and staff alike. We are a large teaching Trust that provides multiple specialties including regional services for neurosciences, major trauma, orthopaedics and surgery (major arterial centre and burns & plastics).
There is plenty of peer and senior support in each team, with various professional development opportunities and training courses available. Quality improvement projects and service development ideas are actively encouraged. Additional benefits include award schemes for excellence, staff restaurants, green spaces and an extensive wellbeing programme.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide a high standard occupational therapy service to inpatients referred to the specialty team.
- Use specialised skills to provide a comprehensive Occupational Therapy service to patients, some of whom will have complex needs.
- To ensure service provision is prioritised and service delivery is effective within resources available.
- To provide leadership for junior and support staff through supervision.
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy services within a designated team, holding responsibility for defined department projects.
- To contribute to the maintenance and development of the Occupational Therapy service.
- To train and supervise occupational therapy students on practice placement.
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Student Educator - experience/qualification (or within one year)
- Post registration experience as an OT
- Post registration experience in related clinical specialties
- Documented CPD
- Experience of research or audit
- Experience of supervising staff
Personal QualitiesEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective written skills
- IT skills
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.