Are you a health visitor who would like to work in a small team and provide continuity of care to the families you care for?
If you are please apply for a Band 6 HV position with Bright Start Islington. The reason I like working in Islington is the diversity of client population, the facilities available for families e.g, groups and activities and the ability to walk to and from my visits (this gives me time to reflect)!
This is a quote from one of our newly qualified Health Visitors.
Health visitors in Islington deliver the Healthy Child Programme from parent's homes, Children's Centres and Health Centres. We work closely with our key partners to provide an integrated service to all families in Islington.
We are looking for newly qualified and experienced health visitors to join our Bright Start Islington teams.Main duties of the job
To work within an integrated service to provide The Healthy Child Programme 0-5 years as part of the Islington Bright Start Early Childhood Offer. You will be part of a skill mix team, working a geographical area designed to support the Bright Start agenda for children and families.
You will be expected to work across organisational and professional boundaries delivering innovative and engaging services which impact on outcomes for families and children. This work will be undertaken in a variety of settings including health centres, children centres and community centres and will be delivered as home visits and group sessions.
You will be supported through a comprehensive training programme and be given opportunities to work within a variety of integrated workshops as part of your professional development.About us
Whittington Health serves a richly diverse population and works hard to ensure that all our services are fair and equally accessible to everyone. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the way we look after our staff. We aim to employ a workforce which is as representative as possible of this population, so we are open to the value of differences in age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation, and religion or belief. The Trustbelieves that as a public sector organisation we have an obligation to have recruitment, training, promotion and other formal employment policies and procedures that are sensitive to these differences. We think that by doing so, we are better able to treat our patients as well as being a better place to work.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the Job Description and the Person Specification for further details about the job role. If you are unable to access the PDF, the detailsof the job description can also be found in the 'Detailed Job Description and Main responsibilities' section.Person SpecificationEDUCATIONEssential
- Health Visiting professional qualification, with entry onto the 3rd part of the NMC Register
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITYEssential
- Evidence of continuing post registration education and training.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication skills: IT, written and oral
- Knowledge of change management methodology and its application.
- High levels of clinical skills, with the ability to identify, respond to and evaluate health needs, including the delivery of public health programmes.
- Knowledge of current legislation and NICE guidance relating to all aspects of the HCP
- Knowledge and ability to apply audit and Quality Improvement methodology.
- Understanding of the local and national safeguarding procedures and its application to the role.
- Knowledge and understanding of application of the Clinical Governance Framework.
- Knowledge of managing difficult situations and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, to plan, organise, review and prioritise own workload and that of others.
- Knowledge of current health and social care agenda relevant to work and professional practice.
- Ability to co-ordinate health promotion initiatives in line with the Islington Bright Start vision.
- Awareness of Equal Opportunities and Valuing Diversity
- Willingness to support and facilitate the learning of others in the practice environment.
Whittington Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Bingfield Primary Care Centre
8 Bingfield Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.